Careers | Washington Football Team - WashingtonFootball.com
Public Affairs Intern - The Washington Commanders (Landover · MD)
The Washington Commanders Jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover · MD
The Washington Commanders are looking for a talented Public Affairs Intern to join the Corporate Affairs department. This role will assist in supporting the team’s public affairs strategy to achieve brand, business, and marketing objectives. The position will also be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations within the public affairs department.
- Researching assigned topics and preparing comprehensive briefing reports
- Assist in gameday and event activation preparation and execution
- Prepare interview and event briefs for internal spokespersons
- Monitor team news across traditional and social media to understand and flag relevant trends and updates
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
Role Qualifications (Skills/Experience/Capabilities):
- Current or Recent college graduate with degree in journalism, communications, public relations, pre-law, policy studies, political science, or similar discipline
- Strong writing, interpersonal and editorial skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Highly organized, with attention to detail, and ability to learn quickly
- Candidates should be prepared for both on-site and virtual work
- Interest in, and general awareness of, regional political and legislative developments across Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia
- Knowledge of political and legislative process at the state and federal level
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to commute to the Inova Sports Performance Center located in Ashburn, VA and FedExField located in Landover, MD; Access to car is required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you learn about this opportunity?