Job Title: Manager, People Operations
Status: Onsite, Full-time
Location: Ashburn, VA
This integral role supports the Washington Commanders people programs and initiatives to help foster an inclusive and high-performance work environment. This position is located in Ashburn, VA.
- Serve as HR Business Partner and provide support to team members and leaders to help foster a work environment that is aligned with our Core Values.
- This position will help drive the employee life cycle with onboarding activities and the new hire experience: from the development and posting of open opportunities, interviewing to offers, stewardship over the onboarding process including trainings and coordinating the 1st day experience.
- Collaborate with internal resources to deploy communication regarding onsite protocols for employees.
- Manage and deploy required trainings including annual trainings, new hire trainings and supporting team members with tracking progress to completion.
- Deliver inclusive benefit and wellness initiatives and partner with People Operations teammates to develop and deploy programs. Work with the benefits broker and HRIS vendor to ensure proper processing of employee data and file feeds to accurately capture data within benefit portals. Responsible for deploying open enrollment, managing the life events and COBRA process.
- Work with various departments to review and coordinate employment related updates. Responsible for the off-boarding activities including exit interviews and COBRA administration.
- Liaison with payroll/accounting team to ensure proper handoff of information pertaining to new hires, special payments, benefit deductions and related updates.
- Support our people programs including leaves of absence and accommodation requests.
- Respond to employment verifications and process unemployment claims. Work with internal and external contact to manage workers compensation documentation and file sharing.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate data, develop and maintain reports, and respond to audits and surveys including league, benefits and agency filings.
- Behind the scenes, this position will play a critical role in ensuring data integrity and will be responsible for the care of confidential information being accurately captured in the HRIS as well as manage department record retention activities including physical and electronic files.
- Other related special projects and assignments as assigned.
- Requires at least 5 years of human resource management experience with a primary focus on employee relations.
- Experience with benefits management and open enrollment activities is highly preferred.
- Must have current and relevant knowledge of workplace regulations with the initiative to continue to stay educated on company policies as well as local, state and federal employment regulations. PHR/SPHR certification is highly preferred.
- Experience and capacity to handle sensitive information with attention to detail and compliance is required.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- HRIS administration and file feed management is highly preferred.
- Leave of absence management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with Workers Compensation is highly preferred.
- Ability to interface across all levels and provide a high level of service verbally and in written communication.
- Proficiency utilizing ADP Workforce and Reporting with a willingness to continually enhance knowledge.
- Current understanding of employment processes and requirements as it relates to hiring, benefit administration and record keeping.
- Ability to work overtime, nights and weekends maybe required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.