The Minnesota Vikings are currently searching for a Facilities Department Intern. This is a year-long full-time internship position for the duration of the 2018 football season. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking on many different tasks on a daily basis, such as special event support, managing the cleanliness and upkeep of various areas throughout the building, responding to staff requests, handling certain maintenance issues, as well as any other duties assigned by the Director of Facilities. We are looking for a candidate with some prior experience in event management, and/or building maintenance who is willing to take initiative and tackle a wide range of projects and tasks. The ideal candidate must also be able to communicate effectively with other staff members, visitors, and outside vendors that he/she might encounter in this role. This position will also be heavily involved with the organization’s upcoming move to Twin Cities Orthopedic Performance Center in Eagan, MN. Initially, this position will report to Winter Park in Eden Prairie, MN, and then transition to the new facility in March.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluate, repair and maintain furniture, fixtures, and associated equipment in offices and other areas throughout the building
- Assist with general cleaning and upkeep of various areas throughout the building
- Assist with general building maintenance projects when needed
- Maintain appropriate stock levels of cleaning products used by janitorial staff
- Communicate with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance
- Receive and respond to staff reports of problems or issues in their areas
- Work with tools, supplies, and chemicals necessary to complete projects
- Assist with setup, take down, general organization, and staffing for special events held at the facility
- Assist with the receiving of large deliveries or shipments from outside vendors
- Assist with football specific tasks
- Maintain instruments, tools, and equipment required for job responsibilities
- Assist with all tasks related to moving the organization to TCO Performance Center in Eagan
Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Some post-secondary education or training preferred
- Experience in event management, building maintenance, or equivalent preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Willingness to obtain any licenses or certifications deemed necessary by the organization
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and special events as assigned
- Must take initiative and have the willingness to take on a wide range of projects and tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to work from elevated locations, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- This is a physical job that requires standing, frequent lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, bending, squatting on a daily basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.