Social Media Coordinator - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Marketing: Social Media
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Social Media Coordinator.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Basic Function: Develop creative and engaging content while executing content plans and strategy for Houston Texans social platforms.
Job Function (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Write creative and intentional social copy
- Create engaging and original content for all social media platforms
- Create and execute social media campaigns and posts
- Detail the success of social media campaigns by analyzing key metrics to drive new and existing strategies
- Collaborate with creative designers to ensure assets are optimized for maximum performance on individual platforms
- Monitor conversations with fans, brands, and influencers for intentional engagement opportunities
- Monitor and communicate best practices and trends in organic and branded social media content
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Social Media
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Knowledge/understanding of social media best practices, including, but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook and Snapchat
- Ability to identify social trends and adjust strategy using analytical and quantitative problem-solving
- Ability to work long, flexible hours including gamedays, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a high energy environment
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience developing content and managing social properties for a brand or sports team
Title: Social Media Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Director of Social Media
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your salary expectations?