Senior Community Development Manager - Houston Texans
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
- Works closely with the Houston Texans Foundation and is responsible for developing and executing game-changing community impact experiences, events, and activations both on and off the field
- Utilizes the Texans unique assets and capabilities to bring awareness, support, and inspiration in areas of need for our Houston community
- Lead strategy and oversee day-to-day operations of the Community Department
- Develops and executes a strategy to engage players, coaches, legends, Toro, Texans cheerleaders, associates, and fans in the community; and establishes and builds relationships within departments.
- Responsible for the successful planning and execution of gameday community programs and initiatives including but not limited to, the Community Huddle Program, NFL initiatives (e.g., Crucial Catch, Salute to Service, Hispanic Heritage Month, Play 60, Man of the Year and Inspire Change) and other in-game community activations.
- Responsible for planning and executing events, activations, and experiences in the community with partners to maximize the impact of our support.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a strategy that aligns with the Houston Texans Foundation, NFL initiatives, and Texans marketing strategy within our community and drive impact.
- Works closely with the marketing and communications teams to ensure the execution of creative and innovative initiatives, as well as consistent and impactful coverage.
- Establishes and builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders including donors, community partners, non-profit organizations etc.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Executive Director, Houston Texans Foundation & Community.
- Proven track record leading successful events, activations and experiences with vendors and partners, preferably in the sports and entertainment fields.
- Proven track record of managing a team and a passion for developing staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- A passion for the Houston Community and the value of using a sports platform to uplift a community.
- Flexibility and the ability to work non-standard hours, including evenings, weekends and events
- Decision making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities including budget allocation and resource expenditure.
- Policy setting capabilities associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum 5 years working in community development or job-related experience required.
- Previous community development or sports team experience preferred.
Title: Senior Manager of Community Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director of Houston Texans Foundation & Community
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
What are your salary expectations?
How many years of experience do you have in community outreach?
Do you currently live in the Houston area? If not, have you lived in the Houston area before?
How many years’ experience do you have managing an individual and/or a team?