HRIS & Benefits Manager - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
3. Do Great Things in Houston
- Input into and maintain in Dayforce (or other HRIS system if appropriate) all employee information and records for all employee groups, with duties to include, but not be limited to, inputting of new employee information; inputting of all necessary changes to any aspect of an employee record; actively managing the purging of inactive individuals from system; and creating standard and ad hoc reports as may be required.
- Ensure entitlements tracking in Dayforce system is complete and accurate.
- Serve as point of contact on employee queries related to benefits and Dayforce HCM system training.
- For non-player employees, input into HCM court-ordered wage garnishments, including child support, student loans, creditor garnishments, wage assignments and bankruptcy orders, and federal and state tax levies.
- Work with HR team to orient new employees to Dayforce system.
- Participate in the salary review process using Dayforce HCM and other HR systems.
- Responsible for overall management and administration of all employee benefit programs for employees, to include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life and long-term disability insurance coverages), retirement plans, paid time off programs and other Club-sponsored benefits.
- Log benefits issues and assists in responding to employee inquiries.
- Manage and administer all health and welfare benefit plans on a regular basis, with duties to include, but not be limited to:
· Coordinate and manage the annual renewal process with benefit consultants on a timely basis to allow for a sufficient review, plan amendments, if any, negotiation, and approval process prior to annual open enrollment period.
· Coordinate and conduct annual open enrollment for health and welfare coverage every year pursuant to plan provisions. Enroll/terminate employees in/from benefit programs throughout year as required.
· Manage and process benefit enrollments for new hires and life events.
· Reconcile and process monthly invoices and prepare necessary documentation for accounting purposes.
· Interact routinely with benefit consultants or carriers regarding account management matters or to resolve employee claim issues as needed.
· Issue all health and welfare and retirement benefit notices in compliance with ERISA and other Federal and state laws and regulations.
· Responsible for timely filing of reports required by applicable laws.
· Process semi-monthly health savings account deductions for deposit into participant accounts.
· Administer all aspects of COBRA for all eligible Club health and welfare plan participants.
· Administer all paid time off policies (vacation, holiday, short- and long-term disability) for all eligible employees pursuant to Club policies and FMLA leaves in compliance with current Federal and state laws as applicable
· Conduct employee benefits orientation in conjunction with scheduled new hire orientations.
· Administer or provide information to employees on certain other employee benefit programs sponsored by Club.
· Manage annual benefits open enrollment activities and annual compliance notices and distributions.
· Manage carrier connection files and take appropriate action to correct any issues with benefit enrollments and changes.
· Work with HR Generalists to administer disability and FMLA leave policies
· Manage and administer Club’s retirement plans (401(k) savings plan and NFL pension plan), including, without limitation:
· Process enrollments and elections of new hires
· 401(k) deposits
· Plan review
· Coordination of issuing notices and making filings required by ERISA and other Federal and state laws and regulations.
· Participate with Accounting/Payroll Services on annual Club 401(k) savings plan audit as required.
· Manage and process 401(k) deferral and loan changes each pay period and quarterly enrollments for those newly eligible for 401(k) benefits.
- Audit and reconcile enrollments in benefit plans to ensure new hires and terminations are accurately reflected within the benefits administration system and process corrections as needed.
- Audits and reconciles insurance and service provider invoices to ensure new enrollments, terminations and changes are accurately reflected and paid each month.
- Serve as Club’s player benefits representative for notification of open enrollment for health and welfare benefits enrollment and scheduling and facilitation of the annual player 401(k) training sessions provided by the NFL; coordinate with Team Development Director.
- Participate as a member of the annual United Way fundraising campaign team (create election forms, collect completed election forms, process contribution amounts and reconcile results).
- Administer the employee service award program for full-time employees.
- Work with Club risk manager to provide essential information for renewal applications and/or audits of corporate insurance coverages such as workers’ compensation, employment practices, crime and fiduciary.
- Oversee the outsourced employment verification process to ensure that timely verifications of employment for company personnel are processed in a timely manner.
- Strong working knowledge of all federal and state employee benefit and associated employment laws and regulations and best practices for effectively managing all employee benefit plans.
- Strong working knowledge of use of employee benefit carrier feeds and websites for purposes of enrollment and termination of plan participant coverage, billing and financial reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of human resources information systems, including entry and maintenance of employee information and creation of reports, and general knowledge of compensation and entitlements, onboarding, recruiting, performance management, payroll and time and attendance systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Payroll Services department in regards to payroll processing and other related matters.
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information on a one-on-one and group basis and to all employee levels within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of benefits experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in human resources information systems; Dayforce HCM experience preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Human Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How many years of payroll experience do you have?
How many years of benefits administration experience do you have?
This is not the typical 8-5 job. There will likely be overtime (during the week, weekends, holidays, working at games, etc.). Would you have any conflicts or reservations about the work schedule for this position?
What are your salary expectations for this role?