Network Engineer - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Houston Texans Jobs
Jobs in Houston · TX
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Network Engineer.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and integration of the corporate wide area network (WAN), local area network (LAN) and cloud network infrastructure for the Houston Texans.
- Also responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, following the network security policies and recommended industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems. · Analyze, troubleshoot and correct network issues remotely and on-site.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information-sharing environment.
- Work with the IT Security Manager to include network monitoring, data protection, vulnerability scanning, log management, IDS/IPS.
- Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices supporting the WAN, LAN, cloud.
- Configure and maintain access controls lists (ACL), virtual local area network (VLAN) and policy-based routing via Cisco applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to network design, data flow, hardware lifecycle, IP and VLAN scheme and support documents (utilizing MS Visio, Word, Excel).
- Install, maintain and manage Texans Cisco wireless infrastructure and work closely with NRG Park managed wireless providers.
- Act as an escalation point for further assistance with incidents/requests.
- Perform various other tasks assigned from time to time by Director of IT Infrastructure.
Working knowledge and experience with:
- Information system network infrastructure, including but not limited to, switch, router, wireless hardware, virtual and cloud configurations.
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP,UDP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) - physical, virtual and cloud.
- Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) in a complex environment.
- Virtual private network (VPN) solutions.
- Two factor authentication/Single Sign-On integration with multiple platforms (Azure/Okta/Duo).
- Certificate authority for public key infrastructure (PKI) and secure sockets layer (SSL) management.
- Documenting and maintaining network inventory and lifecycle.
- Actively monitor networks/systems and proactively design security measures to lessen the risk of breaches and intrusions.
- Required compliance with federal and state regulations including, but not limited to, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and National Football League (NFL) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated expertise with wireless networks (Cisco/Meraki/Extreme).
- Conducting routing security analysis of network components and implement component patches and configuration actions to address security issues.
Participation in overall IT security management, including but not limited to:
- Log review (SIEM)
- Vulnerability testing/remediation
- Endpoint Protection
- Internal/external pen testing/remediation
- Intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Risk assessment
- Incident Response Plan
- Authentication, authorization, and security protocols, including but not limited to LDAP, Kerberos, SSL, TLS, and SAML.
- Knowledge of security best practices pursuant to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), SANS Institute (SANS) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Decision making capabilities on significant matters, including budget development and allocation, resource expenditure, policies and procedure.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Travel between multiple local office locations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of five (5) years applicable work experience required.
Title: Network Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Infrastructure
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your compensation expectations for this role?