Modern Web Application Developer - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Football Data and Analytics
Reports to: Director of Football Information Systems
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full stack responsive web application development experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of coding Angular frontends & C# Web API experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of delivering high quality services required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of SQL Server development experience required.
- Experience with DevOps pipelines and source control.
- Strong programming and database fundamentals.
- Ability to implement design into an aesthetically pleasing web experience.
- Ability to design and develop responsive mobile web application.
- Proven experience with Azure storage and SQL Server.
- Team player, confident, independent and enthusiastic.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to work with little hands-on supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
Basic Function: Build, maintain and enhance industry leading web application for Football Operations.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Lead development of full stack inhouse responsive web application.
- Ensure database integrity by working with IT data integrity audits, enforcing standards and preventing redundant or duplicate data.
- Design and build integrations for existing applications.
- Assist in defining and developing guidance regarding development coding standards.
- Assist in application architectural design.
- Assist in requirement analysis and definition.
- Modify existing databases, queries and stored procedures as necessary.
- Ensure that all application solutions developed satisfy business and technical requirements and that standard testing procedures have been followed.
- Develop, modify, debug, test and deploy new and existing applications and reports.
- Work closely with Director of Football Information Systems and other Football Administration management in designing, developing, creating and maintaining applications.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Football Information Systems.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Position will require flexibility to travel to some domestic team road games as may be requested or required.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Describe your best skill set and why that's important to your career.
What motivates you to be successful?
How many years experience do you have with front end development in Angular, React or Vue?
How many years experience do you have with relational database development in MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL?
Why should we hire you?
Please indicate desired compensation.