Marketing Manager with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Marketing Promotions
Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience in digital advertising, email marketing or related field in the marketing industry required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience creating, executing and analyzing digital campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager and other platforms preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience building and launching email campaigns within a marketing automation platform (i.e., Eloqua, Marketo, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working within a CRM platform environment to ensure marketing campaigns are aligned with CRM goals and activities preferred.
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking skills to provide meaningful input in the development of innovative marketing campaigns.
- Decision making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities, including budget development, allocation and resource expenditure.
- Decision-making capabilities on complex matters, such as digital marketing mix, bid strategies and emerging technology evaluation.
- Strong creative copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML in digital marketing applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple diverse tasks with multiple deadlines in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high-energy, competitive, high-profile environment and industry.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal desire to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
Basic Function: Responsible for developing strategies to execute and support Houston Texans (“Club”) digital, database and email marketing initiatives.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Create a comprehensive marketing strategy which supports goals across different departments and groups, including marketing, digital, corporate, events, ticketing and retail.
- Create strategies to grow fan bases across all Club-targeted audiences such as Latino, female, youth, regional and others.
- Provide significant input in the creation of email marketing strategies by managing content and driving integration with digital marketing strategy and campaign tactics. Create and send email templates to targeted and large-scale audiences.
- Develop and execute omni-channel marketing campaigns across website, social media, email, app and other digital platforms.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff to create and implement data collection campaigns through contests and giveaways and work to move contacts through the customer journey funnel.
- Work closely with the Business Insights and CRM teams to manage subscriber database, working with multiple audiences and using filters for segmenting data for targeted e-mail campaigns.
- Build assets needed for marketing campaigns, such as creation of landing pages, form creation, pixel placement, etc.
- Monitor email engagement and make recommendations to improve email marketing metrics, such as open rates, click rates, conversions, etc.
- Manage day-to-day digital channel marketing execution, including but not limited to, SEM, retargeting, programmatic, social and prospecting.
- Track effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns and find ways to optimize performance through split tests and bid strategies.
- While emphasis of role is primarily digital, actively participate in general marketing efforts helping develop creative campaigns, utilize all marketing assets and assist as needed to reach initiative goals.
- Perform various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Marketing or Senior Vice President, Marketing and Community Development.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel tied to conferences or special events sponsored by the Club and/or the National Football League.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience creating, executing and analyzing digital campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Good Analytics or other platforms?
Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of experience building and launching email campaigns within a marketing automation platform (i.e. Eloqua, Marketo, etc.)?
Please indicate desired compensation.