Marketing Coordinator with Lone Star Sports and Entertainment in Houston, TX
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (“LSSE”)
Reports to: General Manager, LSSE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Sports Management preferred.
- Working experience in sports management and/or event planning environment preferred.
- Ability to support, develop and execute effective event marketing initiatives.
- Proficiency in use of Internet for research purposes.
- Proficiency in photo editing software required.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Coordinate all marketing and creative aspects for events produced by LSSE as well as Houston Texans events as directed.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Coordinate traditional marketing efforts across all LSSE event platforms as outlined by General Manager.
- Coordinate brand and ticket sales communications, digital marketing (email/website/social), creative development to facilitate the overall LSSE sales effort.
- Cultivate strong relationships with LSSE media partners, negotiate media partnership/advertising spends and fulfill contractual media obligations.
- Support all grassroots and activation efforts throughout the season to drive lead generation efforts, including game visits (which includes traveling outside the Houston metropolitan area as needed (e.g., to Stephen F. Austin College and Sam Houston State University), conventions, corporate sponsor events, Houston Texans events and other events as requested by General Manager.
- Develop marketing calendar and create/manage marketing budgets for LSSE events.
- Coordinate with Communications team on content creation and distribution for LSSE events.
- Assist Houston Texans Foundation personnel in production of all LSSE charity-related event elements.
- Coordinate social media efforts for all LSSE Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Collaborate with Events and Marketing Coordinator to support distribution of the College Football E-Newsletter on a weekly basis during season.
- Create and distribute advertising to internal and external vendors.
- Conduct research and analysis on behalf of LSSE utilizing the Internet and trade publications.
- Assist with inventory and organization of LSSE storage areas.
- Assist in the execution of all LSSE events and support gameday operations as requested.
- Coordinate Bowl Week event support as requested.
- Work with various vendors on a project-by-project basis.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned from time to time by General Manager, Texans Marketing Director and other LSSE staff including administrative and Houston Texans event support.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with LSSE and Houston Texans personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Houston Texans offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Limited amount of local travel as required for event planning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to work for the Lone Star Sports and Entertainment?
Do you have 1 - 2 years of experience in event marketing and/or media planning and buying?
Do you have a high proficiency in creative suite/photo editing software?
Do you have a high proficiency in social media marketing and documented experience?