Manager/Director of Business Insights with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Market Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline with quantitative focus, including but not limited to: Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years in data-driven consulting or analysis required.
- Prior experience in professional or collegiate football or other sport operations preferred.
- Experience in the identification and implementation of strategy through the utilization of KPI’s, operational insights, predictive modeling and research.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, advanced analysis, modeling, segmentation, quantitative or qualitative research.
- Advanced level computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office, data visualization, database and statistical software applications.
- Experience working with data warehouses and data integration solutions.
- Ability to derive insights from data, analytics, and research, and present findings to all levels of the organization.
- A collaborative service approach, commitment to teamwork, attention to detail and determination to resolve complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Archtics or other ticketing systems preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in working with large databases.
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling techniques such as regression analysis, customer profiling and segmentation, needs analysis, financial modeling and other types of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and deadlines in a high-energy environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Ability to self-motivate and to work independently as well as with a team as required.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, direct and motivate staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry.
- Decision-making capabilities regarding such matters as budget development and allocation and resource expenditure.
- Policy setting capabilities associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Basic Function: Oversight of day to day efforts to provide analysis and delivering strategic insights to key business units including, but not limited to, Marketing, Ticketing, Corporate Development, Texans Luxe, Event Services and Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (“LSSE”).
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Collaborate with all business units and provide leadership and support by developing data driven strategies and insights that help them to meet goals and objectives set forth in the organizational strategic plan.
- Work closely with leaders within Marketing, Ticketing, Corporate Development, Texans Luxe, Event Services and LSSE departments to provide input in identify opportunities to drive revenue, increase engagement and realize efficiencies.
- Deliver a broad range of functional capabilities critical to business operations, including, but not limited to, forecasting, reporting, pricing development, email optimization, survey analysis, research, valuation and product development.
- Partner with business unit leaders to properly track current results that positively impact key business drivers including but not limited to increasing consumer and corporate revenue (partnerships, premium and ticket), LSSE revenues, database growth and fan surveys.
- Identify future business opportunities and/or revenue streams.
- Research and provide insights for new business ventures where appropriate.
- Based on insights and understanding through the use of both quantitative and qualitative data, create and formulate recommendations and actionable plans that directly impact organizational priorities.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Market Analytics.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Supervisory Duties: Effectively perform all supervisory duties for Business Insights Coordinator and Business Insights Intern positions with responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, hiring, assigning and prioritizing workload, managing day-to-day responsibilities, providing guidance, performance management and termination.
How did you hear about this job?
Why did you apply for this position?
In your next position, what salary range are you looking to be in?
Do you have at least three years of experience in the sports industry? Please explain.
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, gamedays, evenings and holidays as necessary)? Yes/No Only