Manager, Business Intelligence - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Houston Texans Jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
The Houston Texans Business Analytics & Insights department is looking for a talented Manager of Business Intelligence who is passionate about designing, crafting, and operating automated analytical solutions that will drive scientific data-driven decision making and have a positive impact on both the Houston Texans, Lone Star Sports & Entertainment, and ultimately their customers - the fans. We are more excited than ever to meet you and potentially work with you to provide the best fan experience in sports by embracing analytics and innovation as a critical business strategy.
There are three teams in the Business Analytics & Insights department - Business Intelligence, Data Operations, and Data Science. As a key member on the Business Intelligence team, you will take the lead in reporting and dashboarding, own and manage analytics products, use advanced tools and evolving methods to solve business problems, and meet business leaders across the company. They will deliver actionable insights and tangible business value.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
1. Dedication to the team
2. Be adaptable
3. Passion for work
4. Win with integrity
5. Own the outcome
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain reports and dashboard to measure, monitor and analyze operational results, efficiency, accuracy, demand, supply, equilibriums, elasticities, and other metrics
· Be the business analytics owner and project manager in the Ticket Sales and Marketing area.
· Work closely with the Data Operations and Data Science teams, manage and assist with fulfilling Ticket Sales and Marketing related data and analytics requests across the company
· Manage and work closely with the Corporate Partnership focused analyst and the Marketing and Digital Media focused analyst to support the analysis of digital/social content asset, pricing and inventories, as well as design research/survey, analyze customer/fan behavior data across all digital channels, and identify key trends
· Assist with Pricing Analytics, Revenue Forecasting, Competitions and Replacements analysis in the market, and related projects
· Work closely with the Data Operations team within the Business Analytics and Insights department to acquire and transform data from various businesses and data sources
· Manage and work closely with other Business Intelligence Analysts and interns to support Ticket Sales, Sponsorship Sales, Premium Sales, and other B2B Sales and Retention initiatives
· Assist with strategic economical analytics project, such as Market Design, Market Structure, Product Evaluation, Consumer Research, etc.
· Build reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze the quality of data in the data warehouse to provide sufficient and effective support to the Sales and Marketing campaigns
· Document and build visual of conceptual architecture for each data sources and transformed data asset in the data warehouse
· Build and document SQL queries, views and/or SQL examples that provide support to the Business Intelligence team
· Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the SVP, Business Analytics and Insights
· Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
· Experience in the identification and implementation of strategy through the utilization of KPI’s, operational insights, predictive modeling, and research.
· Highly analytical person with strong problem-solving skills. Proven data analytics experience, and ability to handle high pressure situations while still being attentive to the detail and excellent work product
· Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and storytelling skills using data and data visualization are required
· Minimum 3 years’ practical experience and knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker or Power BI
· Minimum 2 years’ experience with SQL and/or Python
· Ability to comprehend and debug complex reporting and dashboarding data sources, customizations, calculations, and products
· Creativity to engineer novel features and signals, and to push beyond current tools and approaches
· Highly analytical person with strong problem-solving and self-directed learning skills. Having a high level of GRIT is required
· Ability to extract meaningful business insights from data and identify the stories behind the patterns
· Decision making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities including budget allocation and resource expenditure.
· Policy setting capabilities associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member to accomplish department goals.
· Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
· Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
Travel requirements: n/a
Supervisory Duties: Effectively perform all supervisory duties for Business Intelligence Analyst team and Interns position(s) with responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, hiring, assigning and prioritizing workload, managing day-to-day responsibilities, providing guidance, performance management, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, MBA, MIS, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Software Engineering, or a related field required.
· High school diploma required.
· 3 years of experience working in reporting, data visualization and analytics required.
Title: Manager, Business Intelligence
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Analytics and Insights
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Analytics and Insights
Reports to: SVP, Business Analytics and Insights
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your compensation expectations?