IT Support Analyst - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Technical Services: Technical Support/Help Desk
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of IT Support Analyst.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
- Provide technical support and consultation to internal users on matters relating to software, hardware, network, and mobile devices at multiple office locations.
- Work as part of the Service Desk team to support and promote the goals of the organization.
- Create a positive client support experience and build strong relationships by analyzing and resolving problems and issues in a timely and responsive manner, communicating promptly on progress, and interacting with Club employees with a consummately professional attitude.
- Participate in defining user needs throughout the organization, and in the analysis and selection of new technology required to meet expanding computer needs throughout the Club. Test various software or hardware options to evaluate ease of use and fit in our organization and make recommendations based on price, technical functionality, durability, manufacturer support, future needs, etc.
- Participate in the design, testing and deployment of configurations for employees throughout the organization.
- Apply knowledge and experience to understand, analyze and resolve problems and issues with software, hardware and information system procedures, resolve or escalate technical issues as necessary to achieve timely problem resolution, provide consultation and implement effective solutions.
- Develop and update user training manuals and procedures.
- Create, review and update frequently asked questions and knowledgebase articles.
- Provide all new hires with a thorough and informative orientation of the Organization’s information systems and associated processes and procedures.
- Manage and execute the setup and deployment of PC and/or laptops for new employees using standard hardware images and software via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Participate in the overall service delivery process (Information Technology Infrastructure Library and IT Service Management (“ITIL/ITSM”)).
- Investigate and resolve software and hardware incidents (e.g., MS Office suite, operating systems, graphics, printing, email, mobile devices, VPN, web browser, etc.).
- Document problem analysis, communication, and resolution in ServiceNow, the ITIL/ITSM service desk tracking application.
- Maintain an updated inventory of service desk related assets such as PC hardware, software, mobile devices, printers and scanners, and conduct semi-annual physical equipment audits.
- Correspond with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products and follow through on process to satisfactory completion.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software settings, etc., for workstations as required.
- Remain current on all state-of-the art technical equipment and best practices in the information systems industry through self-paced learning, training courses and technical conferences.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Director of IT Service Delivery.
Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work under pressure and within designated deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of PC hardware and computer systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS and Mac OS
- Working knowledge of network management systems, i.e., Microsoft Active Directory / Azure Active Directory, Windows Server and MS Exchange.
- Experience with configuration of M365 suite of software applications a plus.
- Experience with MDM systems (MS Endpoint Manager, Jamf Cloud, WorkspaceOne) a plus.
- Basic telecom system administration experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and to apply strong problem-solving skills in resolving issues at the end user level, including analysis and resolution of software applications issues (i.e., evaluate whether a program meets user needs, and if not, make appropriate recommendations; hardware issues and network issues).
- Ability to support a 24/7 work environment in providing services to the Houston Texans (“Club”) and be willing to work rotating schedules during the Club’s football season.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum three (3) years working in related I.T. fields.
Title: IT Support Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Service Delivery
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Have you ever built your own PC?
Do you have your own home network installed?
What are your salary expectations for this role?