Intern - Ticketing with Houston Texans in Houston, TX
Paid Internship: $7.25/Hour
- Bachelor’s degree (or in pursuit of) from four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Previous professional sports industry or customer service experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Management of multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Must possess ability to provide outstanding customer service and to build strong relationships with clients.
- Must be professional and dependable with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Basic Function: Assist in all customer service functions and projects as well as other Ticketing and Premium Seating activities as may be assigned.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Participate in all Customer Service projects, including, but not limited to, receiving fan complaints, comments and suggestions; following up with all appropriate entities to ensure satisfactory resolution of customer service situations; and tracking customer feedback.
- Assist in planning and executing special events held for premium seat patrons, staff or season ticket holders.
- Assist with Premium Seating projects, as directed, including, but not limited to suite administrator training camps, suite checks and other projects to prepare suites for pre- and regular season games.
- Assist in the development and execution of e-mail campaigns to all season ticket holders.
- Participate in the administration of the part-time employee recognition program and other employee initiatives.
- Assist Director of Ticket Services and Director of Premium Seating in managing the suite database in the Archtics ticketing system.
- Assist with answering phones and with other basic office functions
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Director of Ticket Services and/or Senior Vice President, Ticketing and Event Management.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with staff, peers and other Business Operations or Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: None
*Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
What makes you the best candidate for this role?
Why did you apply for this position?
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, gamedays, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately October 2019 through May 2020? Yes/No Only
Do you live in the Houston Metro area? YES/NO