We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the following internship during the 2018 - 2019 season:
Marketing Intern - Events (Year-long)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately June 2018 through June 2019.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Previous related experience is preferred.
Assist in the development and execution of programs that promote the Club and its corporate partners and enhance the fan experience at Club gameday and other year-round Club events. This includes assisting in the development, management, promotion, supervision and coordination of all event and program logistics and operations as well as coordination of activities between event staff, other Club departments and the NFL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Coordinate the activities of state flag holder groups leading up to and on gameday.
- Implement on-field and in-stadium promotions.
- Assist as needed with event logistics for national anthem, color guard and half-time participants on gameday.
- Assist with activations for Texans Radio including remote broadcasts and event execution.
- Assist with grassroots presence throughout the region via city-wide events, fan recruitment opportunities, game theme week promotions, Texans Friday promotions, Friday Night Football high school events and more.
- Assist in overseeing and running youth football outreach and youth marketing initiatives, including Gatorade Jr. Training Camps and Youth Football Camp.
- Assist with all Houston Club fan development efforts, focusing on growth of our female, youth and Hispanic fan base, including, but not limited to, overseeing our fan groups (Battle Red Ladies, TORO’s Kids Club, Toros Bravos, and First Down Dads), recruiting, club benefits, communications, event coordination and execution and marketing efforts.
- Assist with marketing events such as Fan Fest and Go Texan Store/retail activations and large-scale events, such as Draft Party, Training Camp, Houston Texans Foundation events and more.
- Assist with coordination of all Cheerleader events and programs, such as Cheerleader Tryouts, All Star Cheer, Jr. Cheer and Cheer Calendar signings.
- Plan, coordinate and execute special marketing events.
- Assist in implementing youth outreach marketing plans to increase the participation of youth football in the community, grow the Club’ youth fan base and connect with the local and regional fan base.
- Assist in creating grassroots programs to create awareness of and “connectedness” with Houston metropolitan area youth and fans.
- Assist in creating and managing the execution of all events and grassroots programs pertaining to youth football outreach, youth marketing and fan development.
- Assist with marketing and execution of all Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (" LSSE") events as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of marketing vehicles and storage areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Marketing-Events, Marketing Coordinator and Vice President of Marketing and Community Development or other departmental staff members.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Local and occasional regional travel for events.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Club by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.