Intern – Digital Video (Year-Long) 2020-2021 with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
Title: Intern – Digital Video
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in either professional or college sports video production preferred.
- Produce, edit and execute all internal and external video production requests.
- Participate in developing and managing Club website content.
- Knowledge of AVID non-linear editing systems and various graphics programs such as Adobe After Effects and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge and ability to use various types of digital video cameras and production equipment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with directions given.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Shoot and edit Club-related events and activities including, but not limited to, player practices, player interviews, press conferences, player community appearances, corporate sponsor events and mascot and cheerleader appearances for video board use at Club home games as well as for use by television affiliates, the Club website and other production outlets including social media.
- Perform gameday duties to include, but not be limited to, producing and editing video footage of pre-game activities, on-field game highlights and post-game press conferences for live video streaming on Club website and in social media.
- Shoot and edit features for web, television and social media.
- Provide media relations personnel with player/coach soundbites to be distributed via file transfer protocol (FTP).
- Assist with logging and organizing digital video footage.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Television and Digital Video.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel associated with event preparation and execution.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have any conflicts working M-F 8:30AM - 5:30PM, including game days, weekends, and/or long hours from approximately May 2020 through May 2021?
Please provide a link to your resume reel.
Please acknowledge your understanding that you are aware that this position is a yearly internship, pays minimum wage and does not guarantee a full-time position at the conclusion of this internship. YES/NO