Intern: Corporate Communications 2021-2022(Year-Long) with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately May/June 2021 through June 2022.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- In possession or in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university required.
- College or professional sports media experience preferred.
- Work with corporate communications team on public relations matters for Texans corporate needs and LSSE events.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Perform daily issuance of daily news clips. Assist with community public relations appearances to ensure club has coverage at most key events.
- Assist in the process of building media lists for non-sports contacts.
- Prepare media monitoring graphs and coverage reports. Research national non-sport awards for Club and executives to participate in.
- Participate in the production of the weekly release.
- Assist with transcriptions of player, coach and other Club management staff interviews and press releases.
- Produce various gameday materials such as flip cards and releases. Assist in pitching LSSE, corporate and community-related events.
- Assist with aspects of producing and distributing credentials for Lone Star Sports & Entertainment events and Texans home games.
- Produce Lone Star Sports & Entertainment media guide/update/key facts and figures. In addition to public relations support, provide other general support for LSSE as may be needed.
- Complete various other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with Business Operations and other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Possible domestic travel to pre-season and regular season games.
We encourage candidates provide all requested information, including a resume, so the application can be thoroughly reviewed.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule from May/June 2021 - June 2022, plus weekends, evenings and holidays? (Yes/No)
Can you find dependable housing and transportation for the duration of the internship? (Yes/No Only)
Do you have experience writing press releases? (Yes/No) If Yes, please elaborate.
Do you have experience transcribing interviews? (Yes/No ) If Yes, please elaborate.