Intern: Corporate Communications 2020-2021(Year-Long) with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately May/June 2020 through June 2021.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- In possession or in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university required.
- College or professional sports media experience preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign software preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a high energy environment.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communications.
- Strong writing skills; proven experience in use of AP style preferred.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Assist with aspects of producing and distributing credentials for the Advocare Texans Kickoff (“ATK”), Academy Texas Bowl (“ATB”) and Texans home games.
- Coordinate and manage live shots leading up to ATK/ATB.
- Produce the ATK and ATB media guide/update/key facts and figures
- In addition to public relations support, provide other general support for Battle of the Piney Woods as may be needed.
- Assist in pitching ATB stories.
- Assist in the process of building media lists for non-sports contacts.
- Perform daily issuance of daily news clips and obtaining and distributing daily newspapers.
- Assist with community public relations appearances to ensure Club has coverage at most key events.
- Pitch and secure coverage relating to Houston Texans community activities and Cheerleaders.
- Prepare Cision graphs and coverage reports for Corporate
- Research national non-sport awards for Club to participate in.
- Participate in the production of the weekly release.
- Assist with transcriptions of player, coach and other Club management staff interviews and press releases.
- Assist with media open locker room processes.
- Produce various gameday materials such as flip cards and releases
- Complete various other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Corporate Communications Manager, the Senior Director of Communications and other departmental staff.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with Business Operations and other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule from May/June 2020 - June 2021, plus weekends, evenings and holidays? (Yes/No)
Can you find dependable housing and transportation for the duration of the internship? (Yes/No Only)
Do you have experience writing press releases? (Yes/No) If Yes, please elaborate.
Do you have experience transcribing interviews? (Yes/No ) If Yes, please elaborate.