We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the following internship during the 2018 - 2019 season:
Community Development Intern (Year-long)
Department: Community Development
Reports to: Senior Community Relations Manager
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately June 2018 through June 2019.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Non-profit or community service experience strongly preferred.
- Event experience strongly preferred.
Assist the Community Development staff with events and all other projects sponsored by Community Development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with directions given.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Exhibit professional approach to customer service.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Maintain organization within player appearance inbox and voicemail. Respond to requests in a timely manner, handling each request with respect and referring fan to other solutions when necessary.
- Assist Foundation Manager with fulfillment of donation requests including correspondence with requestor, maintaining autograph item inventory, coordinating pick-up/delivery, etc.
- Assist with the Foundation Auction on gamedays and at other events, with duties to include, but not be limited to, organizing inventory, preparing bid sheets and signage, working the auction table and reconciling merchandise with auction winners.
- Assist with the coordination of all Community Development events including charitable drives and player appearances.
- Assist Foundation personnel with special events and projects program implementation where needed.
- Recruit volunteers for the monthly Texans Care Employee Volunteer program events, track volunteer hours and send monthly updates to staff.
- Assist with all volunteer events including kick-off and end-of-year happy hour.
- Distribute monthly “thank you” gifts and incentives to volunteers.
- Monitor community section of the Houston Texans website and recommend updates as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly Community Development staff meetings.
- Maintain community school contacts database and update CRM as needed.
- Assist Community Development team with creation of annual Community Impact Report and Houston Texans Foundation annual recap.
- Fulfill departmental administrative tasks as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Vice President of Marketing and Community Development, the Senior Community Development Manager or other departmental staff members.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Occasional local travel related to Community Development events.
***Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Club by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.***
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.