Guest Experience & Events Battle Red Teammate - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Guest Experience & events Battle Red Teammate.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
- The Battle Red Program is an opportunity for teammates to work year-round and gain potential exposure to working in sports full time.
- This position is an extension to the management team that provides, assists, and participates in the execution of programs and events that promote the Houston Texans.
- Assist in the execution of events that enhance the Guest Experience on Houston Texans (“Club”) gamedays and other year-round Club events.
- Assist with numerous internal Club departments with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned based on tier system.
- Assist Club in a professional manner on all Texans gamedays, LSSE Events and daily work depending.
- Provide excellent customer service through effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication with fans/customer, other teammates, and Club providers at all Club gamedays and other Club events.
- Exemplify the “5 Ways of Being a Texan” by utilizing SMILE: Smile and welcome each and every guest with “Welcome to Gameday! Go Texans”; Make eye contact, be professional and engage all guests; Inquire often, “How can I help?”; Listen, respond, and confirm resolution; Exceed expectations and leave all guests with a positive, lasting impression.
- Maintain interactive game equipment and execute interactive game activities at assigned events.
- Distribute designated inventory and promotional items to fans or guests as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of assigned Club events.
- Ensure successful sponsorship activations at games and other events by maintaining, in good condition, sponsor gameday signage and other activation elements.
- Carries a position attitude and always represents our brand in a professional manner.
- Load, unload, drive and clean Club vehicle after events as may be required.
- Assist Club staff on gamedays as needed.
- Report promptly for all assigned shifts at games and designated events.
- Attend and work as instructed at all Club home games and at other designated events that are mandatory.
- Attend and/or complete any required orientation and training.
- Assist other club personnel in various departments from time to time (not connected to gameday or events) as instructed and as schedule permits and management allows.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned by the Guest Experience Coordinators.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel and fans at Houston Texans home games, at other Houston Texans sponsored events held in and around NRG Stadium and/or NRG Park and at other locations in the Houston metropolitan area; therefore, responsibilities must be physically performed at the designated location and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization [and externally?].
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
Title: Guest Experience & Events Battle Red Teammate
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department: Guest Experience
Reports to: Guest Experience Coordinator
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why do you want to be a Houston Texans teammate?
Are you able to meet all the required responsibilities and attend all the required events? (YES/NO). If no, please explain.
Do you understand that this position pays a non-negotiable hourly rate of $10.00, is part-time and does not qualify for relocation?