The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Director of Social Media.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedicated to the team
Passion for the work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Responsible for the delivery, tone, reporting and strategy of all social content for the Houston Texans.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Achieve engagement, consumption and revenue generating objectives for all social platforms
· Analyze data and produce reports for Club executives on social performance and strategy updates regarding Club objectives
· Supervise and provide leadership for the Club’s social content team – leading meetings, setting deadlines, leading workflow, and providing support and development
· Work cross-functionally with various departments in the creative process and develop engaging team-based content
· Collaborate and work with NFL social and content teams
· Monitor best practices and trends in organic and branded social media
· Oversee a daily, weekly and monthly social media calendar
· Participate in the development of annual business plans, goals and budgets for the Digital department
· Serve as point person for social partners and vendors, providing significant input in achieving social media objectives
· Perform various other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Director of TV and Digital Media
Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with departmental staff and other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
· Creative thinker with quick problem-solving ability.
· Professional level writing and editorial skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
· Possess excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
· Ability to work long, flexible hours including gamedays, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
· Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities
Travel Requirements: Routine local travel as may be required for production and occasionally road travel to support the creative team on away games as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
· Minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in social media or digital marketing required.
· Minimum three (3) years of proven ability to effectively lead, direct and motivate staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry.
Title: Director of Social Media
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of TV and Digital Media
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.