The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Director of Community Fundraising.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedicated to the team
Passion for the work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Manage the Houston Texans Foundation community fundraising efforts including events, gameday activations, and grant strategy. Ultimately these funds are allocated back to the Houston community via multiple platforms including Boys & Girls Club, the Houston Food Bank, Texans YMCA, and countless others.
Duties and Responsibilities
Houston Texans Foundation Responsibilities:
· Fundraising – Manage the P&L of the Houston Texans Foundation including revenue generation and expense management, resulting in significant financial annual contributions back to the Houston community.
· Events – Build, manage and operate a revenue generation events strategy including but not limited to formal functions/parties, golf tournaments, auctions, VIP experiences and more.
· Gameday – Manage the 50/50 function including staff, technology, and revenue targets.
· Grants – Manage the grant application strategy to generate revenue through eligible grant opportunities.
· LSSE – Manage the execution of all Lone Star Sports & Entertainment (LSSE) fundraising events, e.g., Gridiron Legends Golf Tournament, Team Luncheon, all gameday auctions and various other fundraising initiatives.
· 50/50 management – Gamedays are a great revenue generation day for funds that will be contributed directly back to the community. Manage a team of 30-40 (50/50) sellers who will be responsible for hitting gameday revenue goals for the Foundation.
· Fundraising generation – Aside from 50/50, the Community Fundraising Director will develop new ways to generate gameday revenue for the Foundation. By studying other teams’ best practices and developing new ideas on our own, the role will be responsible for operating and evaluating new revenue generation opportunities.
· Get-better mindset – Drive improvement in everything we do. Actively work to help others get better, creating an environment that supports improvement and positivity.
· Make informed decisions - Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions. Use current data and available resources to proactively analyze issues and problems to find the best solutions.
· Develop talent – Dedicate time and resource investing in the team. Promote a culture of learning and provide ongoing feedback to ensure individuals are on target and continuing to grow.
· Build relationships – Make a positive impression on others, relating to all kinds of people regardless of background. Build rapport and trust through authentic interactions and active listening.
· Drive results – Set clear goals individually and for the organization, pursuing then with enthusiasm. Keep everyone on track and passionate about working and achieving higher results.
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across different mediums such as in person, on the telephone and in writing.
· Ability to think creatively to identify new and different ways to promote a business, individual, initiative, etc.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
· Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
· Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Routine local travel as may be required for production and occasionally road travel to support community partners and fundraising on away games as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
· Minimum of 5-8 years in sports or non-sports non-profit fundraising with clear responsibilities in revenue generating activities and financial results via events, auctions, and grants.
· A strong management background leading community efforts in and/or out of sports, with a proven track record of promotion and increasing responsibility.
· Experience working in a professional sports environment is strongly preferred.
Title: Director of Community Fundraising
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Community Relations
Reports to: Executive Director, Community & Foundation
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.