Digital Video Producer - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Television and Digital Media
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience filming and editing a variety of video products for a professional sports organization preferred.
- Video production experience, including writing, non-linear editing, DSLR and/or other digital cinema camera operation, lighting and audio setup, required.
- Working knowledge of video production, including writing, editing, DSLR and/or other digital cinema camera operation, lighting and audio setup responsibilities.
- Knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop or other relevant multimedia software applications.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Demonstrated ability to use creativity from conceptualization to production.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects and activities with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work all games, including those on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Basic Function: Assist with all Club television production activities, including, but not limited to, weekly TV shows and digital content.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Execute the video production of all Texans Radio podcasts.
- Shoot and edit in-season TV show, Texans 360.
- Produce, shoot and edit long-form storytelling features that share human interest stories and connect our fans with the organization and players.
- Shoot game footage, including but not limited to stadium and fan b-roll, cheer highlights and other requests, as needed.
- Contribute compelling content ideas for digital and television.
- Assist with the production of Texans Extra Points and four one-time TV specials, as needed.
- Assist the video team in keeping video assets organized.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Senior Director of TV and Digital Media.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with departmental staff and other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Domestic travel for games and other special events, as needed.
We encourage candidates provide all requested information, including a resume, so the application can be thoroughly reviewed.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this position?
Do you have prior experience working with professional and/or college athletics?
Are you able to work Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM, gameday, weekends and/or long hours?
Please provide a link to your portfolio.