Digital Marketing Manager - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategy for various league initiatives, marketing campaigns, communications, and more.
- Develop and execute omni-channel marketing campaigns across website, social media, email, app and other digital platforms.
- Execute all email marketing campaigns; including season ticket holder communications, e-commerce, league initiatives, and partner emails.
- Plan and execute A/B email tests, report results and make recommendations for improvements based on those results
- Manage and optimize the design, content, layout, customer segmentation and messaging strategies for direct marketing communications.
- Must have the ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices including deliverability, mobile optimization, and browser compatibility.
- Analyze and monitor email KPI’s across email subscription groups, campaigns, and segments.
- Provide specialized expertise for the marketing discipline across acquisition, retention, churn management, deliverability, as well as CCPA, CAN-SPAM compliance
- Provide significant input in the creation of email marketing strategies by managing content and driving integration with digital marketing strategy and campaign tactics. Create and send email templates to targeted and large-scale audiences.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff to create and implement data collection campaigns through contests and giveaways and work to move contacts through the customer journey funnel.
- Work closely with the Business Insights and CRM teams to manage subscriber database, working with multiple audiences and using filters for segmenting data for targeted e-mail campaigns.
- Build assets needed for marketing campaigns, such as creation of landing pages, form creation, pixel placement, etc.
- Monitor email engagement and make recommendations to improve email marketing metrics, such as open rates, click rates, conversions, etc.
- Manage paid advertising partner(s) to support Ticketing and Luxe/Suites initiatives.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Eloqua marketing automation software.
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking skills to provide meaningful input in the development of innovative marketing campaigns.
- Decision making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities, including budget development, allocation and resource expenditure.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively in formulating and executing ongoing advertising plans.
- Strong creative copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML in digital marketing applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple diverse tasks with multiple deadlines in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Experience within a CRM platform environment to ensure marketing campaigns are aligned with CRM goals and activities preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal desire to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
Effectively perform all supervisory duties with responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, hiring, assigning and prioritizing workload, managing day-to-day responsibilities, providing guidance, performance management, etc.
Occasional travel tied to conferences or special events sponsored by the Club and/or the National Football League.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred in marketing, communications, digital or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Oracle Eloqua or similar marketing automation tool.
- Minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience in digital advertising, email marketing or related field in the marketing industry required.
Title: Digital Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What is your experience with Marketing Automation tools and specifically with Oracle/Eloqua?
Are you willing to work a flexible work schedule to include nights, weekends, and/or holidays?
What are your salary expectations for this role?