Data Engineer - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Build, maintain and enhance applications utilized by Club and Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (LSSE) staff. Design and maintain Integrations between multiple systems. Create business solutions and maintain the integrity and security of data and data storage. Work with internal departments to automate processes with a goal of improving performance and developing industry-leading reporting and forecasting.
- Design, develop, create and maintain database integrations, storage, and applications using Microsoft development tools in a cloud environment.
- Participate in moving of data from traditional storage models.
- Modify existing databases, queries, integrations and pipelines as necessary to accomplish evolving goals and needs.
- Architect scalable solutions to support automation and integration.
- Ensure database integrity, work with IT data integrity audits, enforce standards and prevent redundant/duplicate data.
- Maintain, support, and improve data analytics platforms and storage systems.
- Design and build integrations for existing applications.
- Participate in creation of requirement analysis and definitions.
- Develop, debug, test and deploy new and existing applications.
- Create and update technical documentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL including SQL Server and Azure SQL.
- ETL/ELT and data modeling experience.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Power Automate / Flow, PowerApps and/or SharePoint.
- Working knowledge with modern DevOps solution patterns and Infrastructure as code cloud automation solutions.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Azure Data Factory and Data Pipelines.
- Strong OOP principles and practice with Python, Java, or C#.
- Experience in Design & Implementation of end-end data pipelines.
- Ability to integrate with line of business (LOB) applications.
- Experience designing and supporting batch and REST based API integrations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be innovative.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years applicable work experience required.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How does your relevant job experience relate to the job description (internship or job related)?
What is your preferred contribution to projects (individual or team)?
Give an example of an improvement or project that you worked on and are particularly proud of the results and explain why.
What are your compensation expectations?