Business Insights Intern with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
Reports to: Director of Business Insights
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Analysis, data quality and data management experience strongly preferred.
- Customer service and/or sales background a plus.
- Prior experience in professional or collegiate football or other sport operations preferred.
- Strong analytical and logic skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of analytical tools and relational databases.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications with an emphasis on Access and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with directions given.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Basic Function: Support the efforts of Business Insights and CRM personnel in delivering analytical and database management support to key business units of the Houston Texans (“Club”) and Lone Star Sports and Entertainment.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Provide support to all Texans and LSSE business units where appropriate.
- Perform daily/monthly/weekly analytical and CRM activities, to include, but not be limited to daily CRM duplicate detection and reconciliation, orphan account management, survey creation, reporting, & analysis, secondary price monitoring, reporting & analysis, email metric reporting and analysis, Texans wait list inbox monitoring and data capture form creation.
- Participate in various research projects as assigned.
- Perform manual data entry tasks as assigned.
- Execute and distribute daily and weekly reports to various users as assigned.
- Create digital surveys, data capture forms and landing page utilizing marketing automation tools.
- Participate in CRM software testing during upgrade cycles.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Business Insights, Business Insights Coordinator and/or Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Market Analytics.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
How did you hear about this job?
Why did you apply for this position?
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, gamedays, evenings and holidays as necessary)? Yes/No Only
Please acknowledge your understanding that you are aware that this position is a yearly internship, pays minimum wage and does not guarantee a full-time position at the conclusion of this internship. YES/NO