Battle Red Marketing & Events Ambassador - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Houston Texans jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
Do you have a passion for assisting in fun, fast-paced community events? Would you like to do so for one of the most exciting football organizations in the NFL? If so, we need to talk!
The Houston Texans are looking for amazing Battle Red Marketing and Events Ambassadors to join our team on a part-time basis! These positions provide flexibility for you to pick your work schedule around Houston Texans events! This is the ideal job for those who have a positive attitude, are committed to providing outstanding service to guests, and are looking to work in and gain valuable experience in the sports and entertainment industry.
Our Three Imperatives:
1. Win Championships
2. Create Memorable Experiences
3. Do Great Things in Houston
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
The Battle Red Marketing & Events Ambassador will assist and participate in the execution of programs and events that promote the Club and its corporate partners. This includes helping with the execution of events that enhance the fan experience on Houston Texans gamedays and other year-round Club events. He/she will also assist numerous internal Club departments with a variety of administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to assist in event set-up and breakdown, which may require frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds maximum.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as on an individual basis as situation dictates.
- Ability to report promptly for all assigned events or activities as directed.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications with fans, providers and other employees.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Job requires walking around and standing for prolonged periods of time in various Club premises in and around NRG Stadium and NRG Park, as may be assigned.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Provide excellent customer service through effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication with fans/customer, other employees and Club providers at all Club gamedays and other Club events.
- Exemplify the “5 Ways of Being a Texan” by utilizing SMILE: Smile and welcome each and every guest with “Welcome to Gameday!”; Make eye contact, be professional and engage all guests; Inquire often, “How can I help?”; Listen, respond and confirm resolution; Exceed expectations and leave all guess with a positive, lasting impression.
- Maintain interactive game equipment and execute interactive game activities at assigned events.
- Distribute designated inventory and promotional items to fans or guests as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of assigned Club events.
- Ensure successful sponsorship activations at games and other events by maintaining, in good condition, sponsor gameday signage and other activation elements.
- Load, unload, drive and clean Club vehicle after events as may be required.
- Assist Club staff on gamedays as needed.
- Report promptly for all assigned shifts at games and designated events.
- Attend and work as instructed at all Club home games and at other designated events, such as Training Camp, Running of the Bulls, Draft Party, Texans Care Volunteer Day, three (3) Lone Star Sports and Entertainment major NRG Stadium events and twenty (20) other Texans events throughout the 2021-2022 season, including one (1) each month.
- Attend and/or complete any required orientation and training.
- Assist other club personnel in various departments from time to time (not connected to gameday or events) as instructed and as schedule permits.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned by the Event Operations Coordinator & Event Services Coordinator.
- Position requires face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel and fans at Houston Texans home games, at other Houston Texans sponsored events held in and around NRG Stadium and/or NRG Park and at other locations in the Houston metropolitan area; therefore, responsibilities must be physically performed at the designated location and not in a telecommuting manner.
- High school diploma required.
- In pursuit of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
Title: Battle Red Marketing and Events Ambassador
Pay Structure: Hourly, Non-exempt
Department: Event Services
Pay Structure: Hourly, Non-exempt
Department: Event Services
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why do you want to be a Houston Texans Teammate?
Can you make all of the required events for the position?