Battle Red Marketing and Events Ambassador - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to assist in event set-up and breakdown, which may require frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds maximum.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as on an individual basis as situation dictates.
- Ability to report promptly for all assigned events or activities as directed.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications with fans, providers and other employees.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Job requires walking around and standing for prolonged periods of time in various Club premises in and around NRG Stadium and NRG Park, as may be assigned.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Provide excellent customer service through effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication with fans/customer, other employees and Club providers at all Club gamedays and other Club events.
- Exemplify the “5 Ways of Being a Texan” by being welcoming, professional, knowledgeable, helpful and memorable while greeting every guest with “Welcome to Gameday!”; Make eye contact, be professional and engage all guests; Inquire often, “How can I help?”; Listen, respond and confirm resolution; Exceed expectations and leave all guests with a positive, lasting impression.
- Maintain interactive game equipment and execute interactive game activities at assigned events.
- Distribute designated inventory and promotional items to fans or guests as instructed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of assigned Club events.
- Ensure successful sponsorship activations at games and other events by maintaining, in good condition, sponsor gameday signage and other activation elements.
- Load, unload, drive and clean Club vehicle after events as may be assigned.
- Assist Club staff on gamedays as needed.
- Report promptly for all assigned shifts at games and designated events.
- Attend and work as instructed at all Club home games and at other designated events, such as Training Camp, Running of the Bulls, Draft Party, Texas Bowl, Texans Care Volunteer Day, three (3) Lone Star Sports and Entertainment major NRG Stadium events and twenty (20) other Texans events throughout the 2022-2023 season, including one (1) each month.
- Attend and/or complete any required orientation and training.
- Assist other club personnel in various departments from time to time (not connected to gameday or events) as instructed and as schedule permits.
- Perform various other duties as may be assigned by the Event Operations Coordinator & Event Services Coordinator.
The NFL may require anyone involved in on-field activities to be fully vaccinated. Please note, there are certain tasks that may require Battle Red members to be on-field. Therefore, assigned gameday roles may depend on teammates vaccination status
- High school diploma required.
- Completion, or in pursuit, of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
Pay Structure: Hourly, Non-exempt
Department: Event Services
Why do you want to be a Houston Texans teammate?
Are you able to meet all the required responsibilities and attend all the required events? (YES/NO). If no, please explain.
Do you understand that this position pays a non-negotiable hourly rate of $10.00, is part-time and does not qualify for relocation?