The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Senior Creative Director.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedicated to the team
Passion for the work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Lead the day-to-day creative organization through creative strategy, planning, and production operations across design, motion graphics, photography, video, and other mixed-media content. Ultimately the Senior Creative Director serves as the creative visionary for the Houston Texans and leads a diverse creative team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Creative Services Responsibilities:
· Creative Services – Lead the creative team for all Houston Texans and Lonestar Sports & Entertainment initiatives across multiple creative disciplines
o Motion graphics
o Game Entertainment (A/V)
· Campaign Development – Develop integrated campaigns for all major moments of an NFL season including but not limited to the NFL Draft, Training Camp, Regular Season, Playoffs, and theme games.
· Digital Content – Contribute to the weekly Digital content plan through design, photography, video, and motion graphics. While the Digital team has a few of their own content producers, they will rely heavily on assets from the Creative Services team. Extreme teamwork and collaboration with Digital are vital to this role.
· TV Production – Lead the full production of television ready assets including weekly network TV shows and Pre-season TV broadcast games. Production includes all graphics packages, features, content, game TV truck production, etc. (i.e., full show and game production from start to finish during airing).
· Media Day – Lead the cross-functional process and operations of Media Day including concept creation, operational plan, and multi-disciplined creative production so that all necessary annual assets are captured during Media Day, resulting in fewer/limited one-off player requests throughout the season
· Revenue Support – Develop creative concepts and lead production as an internal service agency to revenue driving business units including Corporate Partnerships, Ticketing, Premium, and Special Events.
· LSSE – Develop the creative strategy and production operations to support Lone Star Sports & Entertainment (LSSE) events including international soccer matches, concerts, college football bowl games, and more.
· Design – Oversee Designers and their creative production to support Digital and Game Production
· Photography – Oversee numerous Photographers and their creative production to support Digital and external Media
· Video – Oversee Video Producers (shooting and editing) of gameday content to be used on Digital, external Media b-roll, and future Game Production
· Game Production – Oversee the audio/visual entertainment experience specific to videoboard, LED assets and in-stadium game feed
· Pre-Season Broadcast – Oversee the entirety of pre-season game broadcast production including the creative suite, in-game features, TV/gameplay production, and commercial asset fulfillment
· Get-better mindset – Drive improvement in everything we do. Actively work to help others get better, creating an environment that supports improvement and positivity
· Make informed decisions - Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions. Use current data and available resources to proactively analyze issues and problems in order to find the best solutions
· Develop talent – Dedicate time and resource investing in the team. Promote a culture of learning and provide ongoing feedback to ensure individuals are on target and continuing to grow
· Build relationships – Make a positive impression on others, relating to all kinds of people regardless of background. Build rapport and trust through authentic interactions and active listening
· Drive results – Set clear goals individually and for the organization, pursuing then with enthusiasm. Keep everyone on track and passionate about working and achieving higher results
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
· Proficiency in use of Adobe Creative Suite software applications.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across different mediums such as in person, on the telephone and in writing.
· Ability to think creatively to identify new and different ways to promote a business, individual, initiative, etc.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
· Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
· Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Routine local travel as may be required for production and occasionally road travel to support the creative team on away games as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required
· Minimum of 8-10 years in a creative role with a focus on design or video production
· A strong management background leading creative teams across multiple creative disciplines, with a proven track record of promotion and increasing responsibility
· An expert level background in design or video production and a foundational background in non-expert-level media type (ex. If there is an expert level background in design, the candidate will also need a foundational level of experience in video production. If a candidate has an expert level background in video production, the candidate will also need a foundational level of experience in design)
· Experience working in a professional sports environment is strongly preferred
Title: Senior Creative Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: SVP Marketing & Communications
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.