2019 Gameday - Parking Gate Agent with Houston Texans in Houston, TX
Houston Texans jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
The Houston Texans are looking for dynamic individuals who subscribe to the Club’s core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline and teamwork. We are currently seeking candidates to fill this part-time position for our 2019 season gamedays.
Please read and understand the following job description details carefully and answer the questions below if you meet the qualifications and requirements.
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: Event Logistics & Operations Manager
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a commercial cash-handling environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Exhibit a fun, friendly customer service-oriented attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with fans and other employees.
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Ability and skill in operating cash register, receiving cash from customers and in conducting basic mathematical transactions.
- Ability to handle customers while providing high standards of efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
- Fluency in the Spanish language preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate to customers, clients and other employees of the organization in both one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Build a meaningful and lasting relationship with fans at Club gamedays and other events through consistent application of exceptional customer service.
- Collect parking fees and/or passes as fans enter the facility parking area.
Job Function (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Enforce all parking area guidelines to enhance Club fans’ overall gameday experiences.
- Collect payment and issue parking tickets for cash parking events.
- Collect parking passes from fans at pre-paid parking events.
- Assist in the control of traffic in designated areas.
- Provide excellent customer service, with a positive attitude.
- Represent the Club as a source of information for fans on any Club gameday activity.
- Assume ownership in resolving customer service issues.
- Perform other customer service-related gameday duties as may be assigned by the Event Logistics & Operations Manager, Parking Cashier Supervisors and/or Parking Cashier Team Leaders.
Travel Requirements: None
This is a part-time job that will require you to work all ten (10) Houston Texans home games for the 2019 football season in addition to other various Club-sponsored hospitality and/or VIP events as assigned.
This position requires a flexible weekend schedule and attendance at all (10) 2019 Houston Texans season home games.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Houston Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Club by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?