Director, Event Operations - Las Vegas Raiders (Henderson · NV)
Las Vegas Raiders Jobs
Jobs in Henderson · NV
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Built upon our storied legacy, we win on and off the field by intentionally uniting our players, alumni, teammates, and guests. We strive to create meaningful relationships and deliver a world-class experience in all interactions. It is our shared responsibility to ensure that the greatness of the Raiders is in its future.
The Director of Event Operations will be responsible for the planning and execution of Raiders events. They will be accountable for deploying effective strategies and developing best practices for: (i) the use of Raiders facilities (e.g., Raiders Headquarters/Intermountain Healthcare Performance Center), (ii) Raiders events taking place at Allegiant Stadium, and (iii) Raiders events taking place at third-party venues. The Director of Event Operations will coordinate with internal departments including, without limitation, corporate partnerships, premium service, community relations, alumni, Raiderettes, Human Resources, and stadium operations to ensure that their event needs are thoroughly understood and effectively met. They will also interface with external constituencies, including Allegiant Stadium staff and management, corporate partners, venue managers, vendors, and other contractors. The Director of Event Operations will be responsible for all aspects of events including planning, programming, invoicing and expense tracking, internal and external communication, and event-day staffing. The Director of Event Operations will serve as event lead and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Events Operations department staff and contractors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, programming, and execution of events, ranging from small press conferences to largescale public and private events with thousands of attendees.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and managing event operations staff; ensuring work schedules, job assignments and expectations are clearly delineated and effectively communicated.
- Coordinating all event logistics including, without limitation, negotiating event-specific agreements and contracts, equipment rentals, staffing needs, and distributing detailed event communication notes for each event.
- Managing and coordinating event-day staff, as necessary.
- Assisting with the development of concepts, themes, and formats that are event appropriate while also increasing Raiders’ brand awareness.
- Assisting with preparing and supporting an annual events budget; instituting sound financial management practices.
- Developing content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social media, and other traditional and digital communications.
- Leading and supporting joint efforts with internal and external stakeholders to streamline strategic event execution, manage and coordinate sponsor activations, and ensure contractual obligations and fulfillment policies are maintained.
- Planning, programing, and effectively executing of the Raiders fan zone during home games.
- Serving as a representative on behalf of the organization during conference calls, site visits, and leading production meetings.
- Developing accountability measures and utilizing those measures to seek continual process improvement in event planning and execution.
- Overseeing post-event coordination including, without limitation, debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting, and information transfer to internal and external stakeholders as it relates to future execution improvements.
- Creating and managing standard operating procedures that ensure efficiency, consistency, and service excellence for events in collaboration with Vice President, Special Events.
- Designing, implementing, and effectively communicating all facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for the execution of events at Intermountain Healthcare Performance Center.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of event vendors and venues.
- Managing the storage and upkeep of all events-related inventory and equipment at offsite storage locations, while maintaining the functionality of such equipment and vendor-provided services.
- Any and all other duties as needed or as assigned to ensure Raiders’ events are planned and executed at a level commensurate with organizational standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; advance degree preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in event planning and management required.
- Three years’ event-specific management experience, preferably with an NFL team or other professional sports franchise or venue preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive diversified, scalable, and sustainable events; highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization, and administration.
- Strong strategic planning experience; experience in translating strategies into concrete action plans; ability to balance strategy, execution, and accountability.
- A strong understanding of the professional sports business, including the importance of working with the local, national, and international partners and vendors.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and organizational skills; ability to concisely and accurately convey information in email, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs to a variety of constituents.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well in a team environment; must be a team player who can take and give direction and works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver effective turnkey solutions in a limited timeframe.
- General knowledge of AutoCAD, Splash, SharePoint and other industry standard tools.
- Must be available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel and work necessary hours within the NFL schedule and off-season event schedule.
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Sitting for long periods of time throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
The Las Vegas Raiders provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.