Email + Digital Marketing Specialist with New Orleans Pelicans and Saints in Metairie · LA
New Orleans Pelicans and Saints jobs
Sports Jobs in Metairie · LA
New Orleans is a passionate sports city. The New Orleans Saints and Pelicans are looking for an ambitious, highly organized digital marketing professional to leverage that passion via email and other online marketing programs. Help us align product, message, channel and audience … and you’ll literally hear the roar of the crowd growing louder.
We’ve got big goals. And your initial primary focus, managing our email marketing program, will play a critical part in helping us reach our objectives.
- Plan, develop and execute a best-in-class email marketing program for the Saints and Pelicans, covering everything from automated nurture campaigns to targeted sends that drive last-minute ticket sales.
- Aim to consistently improve OR, CLTR and CTO, by testing and measuring … everything. Then share the results, good, bad and ugly.
- Slice and dice the list to find the perfect segment for a ticket product or message.
- Monitor deliverability to ensure we’re staying out of the junk box.
- Work closely with the CRM team to ensure our email database is up to date at all times.
- Maintain and proactively communicate the email deployment calendar.
- Support efforts to aggressively grow both team’s databases.
- Monitor inbound and outbound data feeds to ensure successful data ingestion.
- Become an expert in Marketo, our digital marketing automation tool, and seek out better, faster ways to execute our email marketing (and other) programs.
- More broadly, become an email marketing subject matter expert, keeping abreast of the latest trends, tools and tactics.
- Develop a deep understanding for the business of sports and the behavior of sports fans.
- Cross-train in other digital marketing channels so you can aid with strategy, execution and QA of campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, display, SEM, etc.
- 3+ years email and digital marketing experience.
- Right brain-left brain thinker with the ability to blend creativity, detail-oriented focus and analytical problem solving into daily tasks.
- We’re not looking for a front-end dev with a CS degree, but you must know your way around HTML/CSS, so you can test, tweak and enhance our custom email templates.
- Highly organized – as in you love calendars – and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a quick moving environment.
- Experience with Marketo or other email marketing/digital automation tools (Exact Target, Pardot, Hubspot, etc.).
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- Understanding of email design and comfortable with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (at least Photoshop).
- Typical office setup.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer 80% of the day.
- Working schedule/hours will ebb and flow with NBA/NFL schedule, and will include some late hours, holidays, nights, and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?