Special Events Intern with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
The Special Events Intern will play a role in planning for the logistics of both large and small scaled events for our Season Ticket Members, Corporate Partners, Vikings Fans and internal events. This position will be responsible for supporting the Events Department with the event logistics and ensuring each event aligns with our brand and internal objectives. The Special Events Intern is a full-time position that will begin in June, 2020 and work through the end of our football season in January of 2021.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help plan and execute events for our Season Ticket Members, Fans, Corporate Partners, and Internal Vikings events
- Assist the Events Team in developing a logistical plan prior to each event, including planning menus, preparing invitations, maintaining registrations, and helping with various tasks associated with the event
- Support the department with various event and non-event related duties and tasks
- Assist with event-related communications as needed
- Support the planning and execution of pre-game hospitality
- Work in conjunction with and communicate closely with Partnerships, Marketing and Design, Legends, Vikings Women and Youth Initiatives Departments
- Assist with day of event logistics such as vendor load-in, signage, catering, partner activation, registration and hospitality
- Bachelor's degree in events and hospitality, sports management, communications, marketing, or related
- Event/meeting planning experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to efficiently work on multiple projects at once
- Team player attitude and willing to jump in wherever necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, and customer service presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to various situations that may arise on the spot
- Professional and confident self-starter and self-motivator
- The ability to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
- The ability to work in inclement weather conditions
How did you hear about this job?