Social Content & Production Intern with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan, MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan, MN
The Social Media Intern will assist with content creation for social channels, including filming and editing. He/she will assist with paid social advertising (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) setup and reporting, community management, post scheduling and real-time content creation at Vikings events. This person will also assist other departments with their social accounts. This is a full-time, full season internship that requires availability July, 2019 – April, 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Vikings digital team to optimize social strategy, including posting to official accounts
- Cover events, filming and editing content for social platforms
- For home games, be on the field, capturing content specifically for social
- Assist with the social content calendar as needed, using social tools (Spredfast) to schedule posts
- Work with marketing, retail, community, MVC and other departments to support their objectives on social media, utilizing primary Vikings channels or that of other departments
- Assist with social advertising for organizational accounts; report on results
- Work remotely during away games
- Create video, photo and written content for Vikings social channels
- Create reports and analyze key social takeaways for Vikings social accounts – reporting for content as well as sponsorship purposes
- Respond to fans on social media, creating constant two-way dialogue; assist with customer service requests on social media; organize shipping logistics and send products to fans
- Assist with influencer programs; identify influential figures and recommend opportunities for engaging with notable Vikings fans or media
- Currently enrolled as a senior or recently graduated from a minimum of a 4 year degree program
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices is required, including a background in production.
- Familiarity with Adobe programs including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Lightroom
- Versatility, organization, responsibility and dependability an absolute must
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously and work well in a fast-paced environment and with tight deadlines
- Required to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to navigate stadium
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
How did you hear about this job?