Security Manager with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
- Oversee and monitor Command Center, including access systems and alarm response
- Plan, organize and direct all personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe, secure and efficient environment.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Onsite supervision of security personnel including managing schedules. Assist with coordinating and managing security for all special events on campus
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMS and other security personnel and/or safety organizations. Oversee and monitor loading docks security
- Monitor Facility grounds for any safety issues and report to Facilities and Grounds management to resolve issues
- Work with staff members regarding emergency situational awareness and provide instruction in response to emergencies on site
- Provide on-scene direction and assist responding emergency personnel when required (to include Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement and HAZMAT response teams)
- Provide escort service to personnel and visitors on facility grounds when requested
- Provide assistance to personnel and visitors requiring vehicle assistance (such as jump-starting a car, providing other assistance with contacting tow, etc.)
- Development and implementation of Emergency Action Plans for the Campus and special events on campus
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention. Assist in managing the contract security operations to its highest level
- Manage video systems, door security (electronic and hard key) system
- Assist with conducting background checks
- Manage incident reporting system
- 5+ years’ experience
- Some college or related professional training required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience coordinating with multiple police departments and/or government and contracted agencies preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with a high aptitude for administrative projects
- CPR training and first aid training required
- Incident Command Systems Training
- Excellent listening, communication and customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to maintain professional composure and confidentiality in all situations
- Experience in large scale special events support and management preferred
- Assist in development and management department budgets
- Ability to conduct safety and security training as needed
- Some travel required
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- This position will require sitting, standing and regular walking for long periods of time and throughout the facility.
- The work environment is fast paced. The person in this position will need to be able to be present in all areas of the facility with short notice
- Ability to work in inclement weather including outdoors in both severe cold and heat conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What qualifications do you have for this job?
Do you have a demonstrated history of event or campus focused security management and responsibility for implementing emergency plans? Please explain.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, please rate your Microsoft Office aptitude.
Please provide your salary requirements.