Photography & Archive Intern with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
Communications/Community Relations: Photography
The Minnesota Vikings are currently seeking a creative, highly motivated photographer with a passion for football. The Photography Intern will assist the Team Photographer with shooting, editing, archiving, image sourcing and other hands-on events during the 2020 football season. This position is full-time with a start date of June 1, 2020 and will extend through May, 2021.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Photograph Community and Special Events including evenings and weekends
- Apply Metadata to photos and help maintain the photo archive
- Handle image sourcing / emailing internal & external photo requests
- Helping curate post game day photo galleries to the team website
- Edit/Retouch photos to be used on social media
- During home games photograph sponsorship and fan elements (NOT action/field photography)
- Assist with photoshoots
- Assist Team Photographer with carrying equipment and extra gear
- Other miscellaneous gameday duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or Photojournalism preferred, or currently enrolled as a student
- Proficient in Adobe Bridge , Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
- Demonstrated photography and photo editing experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
- Proficient in photography techniques, including lighting and camera positioning among others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel with the team to away games to provide photography and photo editing
- Ability to travel to various events around the community
To be considered for this position, please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and work in inclement weather
- Must be able to walk, bend, stretch or stand for hours at a time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a moderate to loud environment
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
How did you hear about this job?