Part-time Youth Development Coaches (MN Residents Only) with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The Minnesota Vikings are seeking seasonal Part-Time Youth Football Development Coaches who will assist in the execution of youth and high school football initiatives. The ideal candidate will be prepared to deal with fast paced nature of the National Football League while becoming an effective team player within the Vikings Youth and High School Football Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with coaching all Vikings Youth Football Initiatives, including: Vikings Summer Camps, Girls Football Academy, Vikings of Tomorrow, and miscellaneous youth football clinics.
- Provide coaching assistance for Vikings High School Football Initiatives, including: Gatorade Prep Elite, Town Takeover, High School Skills Challenge, and more.
- Assist in the growth and participation of youth and high school football throughout Minnesota.
- Represent the Minnesota Vikings in a professional manner during all youth and high school football events.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous coaching or playing experience is required at the high school level or above
- Current or incoming collegiate football athletes are not eligible to apply due to NCAA regulations
- Knowledge of NFL FLAG rules is preferred
- Must be a positive team player with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Local and regional travel will be required for the implementation of youth and high school football events and programming
- Must be able to drive and operate a pickup truck/trailer and passenger van
- Maintaining a flexible schedule will be required as programming will typically take place during weekdays with increased hours during the summer
- Employment will be dependent on a successful background check
- Employment will be dependent on the successful completion of USA Football’s Heads Up Football Training
- Clean driving record required for anyone driving company or rented vehicles
- Passport required for camps from July 16th – July 21st (traveling to Winnipeg)
- Must be available for a significant number of the dates below, including the ability to stay overnight in some locations.
- May: 28, 29, 20, 31
- June: 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- July: 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 7 ,18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- The ability to perform rigorous physical activity pertaining to football drills, games, and instruction
- This position requires standing, frequent lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, bending, and squatting on a daily basis.
No phone calls please.
How did you hear about this job?