Marketing Coordinator with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
The Minnesota Vikings are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to take over as the team’s official mascot, Viktor the Viking. Viktor is the face of the Vikings organization in the community and amongst the youth fan base of the team. The Vikings are seeking a highly motivated individual that is creative and energetic to dedicate themselves to the Viktor program. This is a full-time positions and ideal candidate will be prepared to deal with fast paced nature of the National Football League while becoming an effective team player within the Vikings marketing department.
- Perform as Viktor at games, community events, special team events, and other appearances mandated by the organization
- Maintain the mascot costume, props and vehicles
- Manage Viktor’s schedule and book appearances
- Maintain and grow Viktor social media platforms
- Increase program revenue by generating additional paid appearances
- Develop engaging digital content to increase fan entertainment value of the character
- Represent the Minnesota Vikings at annual NFL conferences and at the NFL Pro Bowl upon selection
- Travel for appearances throughout the state of Minnesota and regionally in the Upper Midwest promoting the Vikings brand
- Expand on existing school assembly programs to meet revenue goals and create a valuable branding piece for the team’s youth fan base
- Assist with youth related programs such as kid’s club programs, regional marketing events and youth football initiatives
- Collaborate and work in concert with other entertainment groups such as the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and the Skol Line Drum Line
- Work closely with partnership activation team to pair Viktor with strong corporate partnerships
- Minimum of 4 seasons of collegiate and/or professional mascot experience
- Must meet a height requirement of 6’ – 6’4”
- College degree is highly preferred
- The ability and desire to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Photoshop
- Experience with video production will be considered a plus
- Knowledge of social media tools including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok is required.
This position requires the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining physical fitness is necessary to meet the physical demands of performing in the costume
- Must be willing and able to learn and perform dance routines with the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders
- Must be willing and able to withstand performing for up to two hours continuously
- Maintain high performance level in the costume through varying temperatures
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The mascot will perform at various off-site events which will present a variety of different and sometimes challenging settings
- This position is also expected to maintain regular office hours to effectively grow the mascot program and work within the Vikings marketing department
How did you hear about this job?