Manager, Partnership Research with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan, MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan, MN
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Sponsorship Evaluation/Research
The Minnesota Vikings are seeking a Manager to support the Partnership Activation and Corporate Sales teams while collaborating with all key stakeholders, including the Sales and Analytics team, to advance the goals and priorities of the Minnesota Vikings organization and the Sales & Marketing department. The position will utilize a wide variety of data and analytics resources to positively impact every stage of the partnership life cycle: prospecting, new business, reporting and optimization of current partnerships and renewals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development and management of the Minnesota Vikings partner brand stories, research and data from a wide variety of existing data sources.
- Manage vendor selection process and work
- Oversee the Vikings relationships with agency and data vendor resources such as Nielsen, Scarborough, social monitoring, etc.
- Recommend methods for capturing consumer perception and sentiment as it relates to partners
- Partner with outside vendor and current sales analytics research team to design questionnaires and develop discussion guides for sponsorship effectiveness
- Translate findings and deliver clear actionable insights to senior management, activation and sales teams
- Break down information and translate finings in a simple and powerful way that business partners can understand with the purpose to drive meaningful results
- Attend and present at meetings with internal departments and/or league partners
- The ideal candidate will be equally adept at creating engaging and informative presentations and reports, as well as analyzing and synthesizing reports from third
- Conduct and summarize industry research into trends and best practices to inform the development of partner activation strategies and new business proposals
- Utilize data and analytics to develop campaign recommendations for Vikings partners
- In collaboration with the activation, sales and sales analytics research teams, create tools to evaluate and measure existing or prospective sponsorships, including dashboards and visualizations for key stakeholders
- Provide regular presentations to the activation and sales teams and other internal stakeholders to educate the team on insights developed from analytics resources
- Work with outside vendors, digital and technology teams to roadmap meaningful, consistent metrics for activations on a campaign-by-campaign basis (consistency/integrity)
- Manage and develop the Partnership Research & Analytics Coordinator
- This person should be naturally curious, thoughtful, creative and a passion for understanding the sports fan and sports marketing + sponsorship industry
- +5 years of experience in market research, analytics and/or sports sponsorships fields
- Agency or media research experience preferred, and client facing experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with sports sponsorship data/analytics resources strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality, actionable reporting and insights
- Strong work ethic and the ability to be aggressive, polished and poised under pressure
- Candidates should be prepared to present examples of past work such as presentations, dashboards, ROI reports, brand impact reports, etc.
- Ability to understand the business needs and objectives of Vikings’ partners, and to develop customized reporting tools to support their objectives
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive, high pressure projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines
- An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills
- Available to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree
No phone calls please.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
How did you hear about this job?