Manager, Events & Hospitality with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
Marketing: Event Marketing
The Manager of Events and Hospitality will play a key role in managing and executing premium events at TCO Performance Center, U.S. Bank Stadium and other applicable venues. This position will be responsible for working with the Events Department to successfully coordinate event logistics and ensuring each event aligns with our brand and internal objectives. The Manager of Events and Hospitality will manage events primarily for Corporate Partners, Vikings Staff, Season Ticket Members and Fans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within the Events Department to understand and develop event strategy, goals, and desired outcomes
- Manage and execute events with a high level of detail focusing on premium events for Corporate Partners, Suite Holders and Fans at TCO Performance Center, U.S. Bank Stadium and other venues
- Develop and execute a logistical plan prior to each event, including budget management, securing vendors, planning menus, event marketing, preparing invitations, maintaining registrations, securing staff and managing various other even related tasks
- Conduct site visits of TCO Performance Center for partners or other clients utilizing the event spaces
- Manage the day of event logistics such as vendor set-up, signage, catering, partner activation, registration and hospitality
- Communicate and negotiate with outside vendors, including venues, transportation, audio visual, entertainment, caterers and décor companies
- Provide consistent communication, status updates and event-related event written communications to event support staff prior to each event
- Provide consistent communication and event status updates to the Events Team
- Work in conjunction with and communicate closely with Facilities, Legal, Guest Services, Partnerships, Marketing, Design, Legends, Women and Youth Marketing Departments
- Provide guidance and support to the Event Coordinator and Event Intern
- Management of pre-game hospitality and internal catering needs at U.S. Bank Stadium
- Research and secure venues for off-property events
- Continually researching and staying current with Event industry trends
- Demonstrate leadership within the department by upholding our company values with integrity, unity and commitment
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, sports management, communications, marketing, or related
- Minimum of 5 years of event/meeting planning experience
- Catering, hotel or events hospitality background is preferred
- Highly detailed and exceptional organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish timelines, and consistently meet deadlines
- Team player attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, and customer service presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Computer aided-design (CAD) experience such as Social Tables is preferred
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to various situations that may arise on the spot
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box
- Professional and confident self-starter and self-motivator
- Comfortable working with all levels of an organization, including senior executives
- The ability to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
- The ability to work in inclement weather conditions
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have at least 5 years of event planning experience?