Guest Services Intern with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
The Guest Services Intern will help support a program that fosters the ultimate fan experience for all Vikings guests. Factors that contribute to the success of this role are: providing unmatched customer service to Vikings fans at various Vikings events, supporting the Guest Services department through executing projects to enhance overall guest experience and support guest communication through phone calls and email while providing world-class service. This is a 40+ hour position that will start in June and extend through the 2020 football season. Hospitality experience is preferred over sports experience in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest level of service and support establishing expectations for the Guest Services team.
- Must have a positive attitude and willing to assist guests and anticipate guest needs.
- Assist in developing, implementing and enforcing Guest Services standards at U.S. Bank Stadium, Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center, Vikings game days and various Vikings events.
- Resolve Guest related issues in an appropriate manner, track service issues to identify trends and service improvement opportunities.
- Schedule, train, coach and oversee 50 game day staff members in the Vikings Purple People program.
- Supports Guest Services department at various events with duties including and not limited to: greeting/welcoming guests, overseeing event operations, assisting in ADA program.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls, emails and in-person meetings related to guest suggestions and complaints on a daily basis.
- Organize packages for fan mail-outs on a daily or weekly basis.
- Organize, respond and track fan inquiries through online system.
- Responsible for managing warehouse inventory, game day radios and Purple People tools.
- Cover front desk assistant shifts when needed by greeting guests, registering guests and answering phone calls.
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year degree program or recently graduated.
- Experience working in a guest services role preferred.
- Superior customer service ethic with high concern for co-worker and guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise with little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and in-person training skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including all home games, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to navigate stadium
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
How did you hear about this job?