VP Marketing and Analytics - Minnesota Vikings Football (Eagan · MN)
Minnesota Vikings Football jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Vice President of Marketing and Analytics is responsible for collaboratively developing the short and long-term marketing strategy through brand management, leadership, project management, and business analytics. The VP of Marketing and Analytics will lead the organization’s Brand & Design, Project Management strategy, Fan Engagement, and Business Analytics & Insights responsibilities in alignment with our corporate values. Development and Integration across Marketing and Analytics will represent the primary focus within this leadership role.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Marketing and Brand:
- Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop the short and long-term marketing strategy through collaborative work across brand, business analytics, and broader organizational capabilities.
- Partner with Brand Director on the creation, execution and evaluation of advertising campaigns to engage core fan segments/personas, and develop new diverse fan groups.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of consistent brand standards across multiple departments and communication channels with the ability to successfully measure impact and ROI.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate metrics and research to measure effectiveness of the Vikings brand in advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to build a cross functional innovation stage gate process that fosters clarity, prioritization and efficiency surrounding new ideas throughout the organization.
- Assist with the develop processes for prioritizing content, events, and creative projects to effectively utilize resources while meeting organizational strategic goals.
- Ensure the application of research, data and fan insights into decision-making systems and processes. Responsible for the development of annual business plans with strategies and key metrics to drive brand and revenue growth where applicable.
- Collaborate with Partnership Activations and Sales to ensure design and implementation of events and activations which meet partner needs and align with Vikings marketing strategy, vision and brand.
- Oversee the teams responsible for day-to-day operations across Brand Marketing, Youth Marketing, True North, and Business Analytics & Insights departments.
- Coordinate with Human Resources department to ensure recruitment, hiring, training and development of a diverse and inclusive team of staff members that that align with organizational values.
- Foster a culture that adheres to the organizational values.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to develop annual department business plans and budgets to drive achievement of departmental goals.
Business Analytics & Insights:
- Develop and lead a Business Analytics and Insights department focused on creating and implementing data-supported decision making processes, tools and systems, seeking to maximize asset value and enhancing strategic relationships.
- Oversee research, development and implementation of processes and tools that provide decision-makers with access to relevant information while improving transparency and access to information across organization through tools such as revenue and attendance prediction models, pricing models, customer prospecting tools, data collection tools and business intelligence systems.
- Work with senior leadership to set annual strategic goals through inclusive process and develop action plan that aligns with long-term strategy and near-term objectives.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, committees, strategic projects, and new product development and innovation opportunities across the organization.
- Oversee the organization’s fan research and marketing research process, planning and implementation.
- Own key research programs including focus groups, quantitative surveys and fan behavioral studies to provide insights for us in business decision making
- Supervise the management of relationships with outside research vendors and data providers responsible for conducting market research.
- Manage development and implementation of research calendar and project prioritization to ensure optimal use of resources
- Manage staffing for research programs including focus groups and in-park surveying
- Oversee the process of integrating fan research findings into internal systems and processes and otherwise gain internal adoption for broader implementation.
- Ensure that understanding fans is central to all decisions making and that initiatives are grounded in a firm understand of fan analysis and behaviors.
- Build and enhance organizational strategic relationships with league-level stakeholders, critical vendors (e.g. technology providers, concessionaire), etc.
- Work collaboratively with Revenue, Ticket Operations, and Finance to ensure optimal pricing on all fan facing products and ticket offerings.
Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of related experience leading consumer brands, strategy & analytics, or related field preferably with experience in the sports industry.
- Culture first leader with track record of hiring, developing, motivating and leading successful diverse and inclusive teams.
- Proven understanding of the business imperative around inclusivity and belonging
- Growth mindset, empathy, grit, adaptability and resilience demonstrated through prior experiences.
- Experience collaboratively leading development and implementation of strategic planning processes.
- Demonstrated track record of successful organizational change management.
- Expertise in current data analytics and insights trends and media technologies.
- Experience with accountability for organizational or departmental P&L, budgeting required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor and/or Graduate Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Legally able to work in United States.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays and travel as required.
As a condition of employment, applicants must certify they are fully vaccinated by their start date. The Vikings are an equal employment opportunity employer, and comply with all applicable statutes regarding discrimination, including those related to accommodation in the application process.