In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Department: Dolphins Challenge Cancer
Direct Supervisor: Director, Development (Miami Dolphins Foundation & Dolphins Challenge Cancer)
Status: Part-time / Hourly
The Staff Assistant, DCC will be based out of the Miami Dolphins’ headquarters and support the Dolphins Challenge Cancer development team. Dolphins Challenge Cancer (DCC) was founded in 2010 by the Miami Dolphins organization as the signature initiative of the Foundation’s health impact area and has become the largest fundraising event in the NFL. The DCC’s purpose is to improve people’s lives through financial support for innovative cancer research at Sylvester. This is a part-time/hourly position, with anticipated work from approximately October 2023 - March 2024.
- This position is based on site at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
Administrative and Operations
- Registration Check-In and Solutions – provides support to registration area at all DCC supporting events.
- Gift Processing – facilitates the processing of donations and matching gifts. Supports the financial and administrative process of receiving, processing, and tracking various payment forms.
- Email Support – shares the responsibility of responding to participant inquiries via email within 48 hours.
- Telephone Support – assist with the general phone support answering calls with thoughtful answers and providing top notch customer service.
- Organizational Support – provides support to staff in various areas and tasks including but not limited to: coordinating meetings, creating shipping labels, mailing items, printing documents, managing autographed items/memorabilia, organizing credentials, sorting participant bibs, stuffing participant goodie bags, etc.
Social Media (Dolphins Challenge Cancer accounts only)
- Social Media Best Practices – reviews Instagram, X, and Facebook accounts, studying best use industry practices, to inform, recruit, and increase year-round engagement.
- Content Support – provides support to staff managing DCC social platforms including: drafting copy, selecting photos, and design support. DCC social accounts drive the organizational mission, needs, and expectations.
- Content Calendar – maintains up-to-date content calendar in alignment with promotions and priorities.
- Strong writing and grammar skills required.
- Experience with design programs (Adobe, Canva, or otherwise) preferred.
- Experience with data entry and/or finance a plus.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor with fans, participants, donors, and staff.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must be a supportive team member.
- Should possess out-of-the-box creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.