Senior Manager, Video - Los Angeles Rams (Agoura Hills · CA)
Every year the Los Angeles Rams bring together millions of fans across the country and around the world as we play for the chance to be named the best team in the NFL. But the Rams are about much more than just football. We are about the legacy of fandom that brings together generations of families year after year, we are about the excitement of sport and live events - an experience that cannot be replicated, we are about our community and making a meaningful impact in the world around us and we are about our city of Los Angeles and ensuring we embody and represent the diversity and uniqueness of this city. As an organization we strive to make our city better by connecting people through sport, both on and off the field. With the return to Los Angeles and the opening of SoFi Stadium, the Rams are at an exciting stage of growth and looking for passionate individuals looking to help us grow.
The Rams are looking for a Senior Manager, Video responsible for managing a team of video producers as well as filming, editing and producing video content for the Rams digital and social platforms and external broadcast partners. Reporting into the Director, Video, this role will manage a team of producers and associate producers in the development of football and non-football content for the Rams. This individual will be responsible for developing feature video content as well as capturing and editing content from home and away games, community appearances, player shoots, press conferences, and a variety of other projects. This individual will have a passion for digital storytelling and will be responsible for illuminating and elevating the Rams brand through short-form and long-form video content.
*THIS IS NOT A REPORTER POSITION*
- Work in collaboration with other members of the Rams Studios team to develop and produce a slate of video content for the Rams
- Capture and edit video content from home games, community appearances, player shoots, press conferences, and a variety of other projects
- Own the end to end production of large, multi episode projects including setting the creative vision, capturing and editing content, and development and delivery of creative output
- Work closely with the Director, Video to review work, take guidance and feedback on creative direction and execution and apply it to final output
- Act as team lead on creative pitches - Listen to organizational needs, pitch new concepts to internal groups and external partners to meet those needs, develops relevant story ideas, writes treatments and storyboards
- Act as the video lead to cross-functional partners on projects – be able to effectively listen and communicate with other team leaders who may at times have different priorities – ability to align priorities to serve the business most effectively
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the football staff – act as a key partner to them throughout the year and create a two-way, collaborative communication across teams and develop mutually beneficial content
- Work home games and travel when needed with team to away games to capture video content including, but not limited to, arrivals, practice, game play, interviews and press conferences - to be distributed through various Rams channels (social, app, web, etc)
- May require travel during offseason to capture various narrative content with existing or former Rams players
- Work with marketing team to produce high quality branded content
- Work with partnerships marketing and partnership sales teams to develop content for contracted assets as well as develop upfront content to be sold into partner deals
- Oversee maintenance of camera and editing equipment including inventory, packing, and upkeep
- Ability to translate our brand into video content and ensure content is in alignment with the Rams brand identity
- Oversee team of producers and associate producers – assign tasks, review work and be able to provide constructive feedback and guidance to enable growth and drive performance
- Stay up to date on latest trends in video content across various industries
- Previous experience in video editing and video shooting required (8+years)
- Experience setting a creative vision through video content – ability to communicate this effectively with other business partners to develop buy-in
- Experience managing others and a proven track record of effective leadership
- Proven track record of creative development and pitching
- Experience using professional cinema cameras including Arri Amira/Alexa, Sony-FS7 and RED Cinema cameras
- Mastery in lighting set-up and creative camera
- Mastery with sound mixing and editing
- Willingness to travel during the season to away games and in the off season for feature shoots
- Experience with Gimbal operation preferred
- Experience with Drone operation preferred
- Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 35-50lbs for prolonged amount of time
- Video editing experience on Mac with Adobe Premiere, with knowledge on how to input music, dialogue, graphics and effects.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Experience with lighting setups and sound recording/mixing on location
- Experience with social media platforms and live broadcasting
- Discretion and trustworthiness related to sensitive football-related material
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Be proactive and think creatively. Bring a willingness to go above and beyond to finish the job under deadline pressure
- Work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Ability to work and complete solo shoots/projects
- Knowing the players and team are a huge plus
- Previous experience working in professional sports leagues preferred
- Knowledge and a passion for the NFL is ideal
Please include a link to your demo reel and/or link to your website. Candidates without a work submission will not be considered.
Salary: $85K/yr. - $100K/yr.
The Los Angeles Rams are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to create a sense of belonging for all employees by fostering a culture of respect and inclusion, empowering everyone to be their true selves.
- Previous experience in video editing and video shooting required (8+years).