Massachusetts Pirates Football Internship
Job Title: Sales Intern
Massachusetts Pirates Football is offering an opportunity to current college-level students looking to gain real-world sales experience and position themselves for a career in the Hospitality, Events, and/or Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements, and opportunities for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence. Our program is based on teaching the fundamentals of sales. These fundamentals include prospecting over the phone and online, setting meetings, running meetings, and closing business. Each rep will work closely with his/her sales manager through each phase as well as the senior leadership team who will help provide guidance. There will be a focus on individual, group, corporate, and youth football sales. The focus of the program will be adjusted based on the needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn best practices for selling season, group, corporate, and football game tickets.
- Sell Massachusetts Pirates sales products to a wide variety of prospective buyers and provide service after the sale to those customers.
- Perform grassroots marketing activities at various locations across greater New England to drive fan development and sales lead generation.
- Keep accurate CRM records and perform necessary follow up with customers in order to close sales.
- Process orders by using the Agile ticketing system and the Pirates intranet. Take all necessary steps and fill out all required forms/computer documents in a timely manner in order to complete the sale and ensure the proper delivery of all package elements to the customer.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Pirates elements on game days and at Pirates events.
- Meet weekly with management to evaluate results, and establish the best processes and strategies for driving new business.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
Skills and Qualifications
- 19+ years old
- Able to provide own transportation
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Creative thinker
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Can interact successfully with groups from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for people
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.