Massachusetts Pirates Football Internship
Job Title: Mascot Performer
The Massachusetts Pirates are a professional football team competing in the Indoor Football League and are coming off a championship-winning season! Our team is growing and we would love to add you to it. The Mascot Performer will be wearing the Arthur the Pirate costume for game days and community events. With 8 home games in a season, our mascot would need to have flexible schedules and the ability to work nights and weekends. It is important that Arthur is the biggest fan of the Pirates, as we rely on him to bring team spirit to the games and team events.
This is a paid, part-time position with flexible hours. The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about working in a customer-facing role with strong interpersonal skills. At the Massachusetts Pirates, we take pride in being a part of a team. No matter what role each employee has, we know they are needed for the team's success.
Here at the Massachusett Pirates, we are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. Any team member that does honor these standards will be handled accordingly by management through people's time with the Pirates.
- Have high energy as Arthur, to provide the maximum enjoyment to fans.
- Preserve the integrity of the mascot including mannerisms, body language, attitude, and team representation at all times.
- Develop and execute skits to be performed at a Pirates game.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Take care of the costume and props when in your possession. This also means returning everything after each job is finished.
- Understand and perform a series of non-verbal communications signals to be used with the mascot handler in public, e.g, the mascot actor will have a signal when he/she needs to be escorted away from the area.
- Being timely and professional is of the utmost importance for this position.
Skills and Qualifications
- 18+ years old
- Able to provide own transportation on a regular basis
- Previous experience as a mascot or as an actor/actress is preferred, but not required
- Previous dance experience preferred
- Must be available to work odd hours including nights and weekends
- Work in an indoor and outdoor setting
- Ability to interact with the public
- Ability to read an audience and the tone of the environment
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift and wear the costume
- Employee will be walking around and doing minor exercise for hours at a time
- Ability to stand for hours while wearing the whole costume, from the mask to the football gloves
- The ideal height for correct costume fit would be 5'4" and up
For any questions that have not been answered feel free to reach us by email: [email protected]
or by phone at (774) 504-4965. You can also visit our website at www.masspiratesfootball.com
to learn more about the Massachusetts Pirates.