Massachusetts Pirates Football Internship
Job Title: Back-Up Mascot Performer
The Massachusetts Pirates are a professional football team competing in the Indoor Football League and are coming off a championship-winning season! Our team is growing and we would love to add you to it. The Back-up Mascot Performer will be wearing the Arthur the Pirate costume for long periods of time on game days and weekend events. With 8 home games in a season, our Back-up Mascot Performer would need to have flexible schedules for work on nights and on weekends in case our main Mascot Performer can not work for some reason.
This part-time position is paid. Our hours are flexible and the ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about working in a customer-facing role with strong interpersonal skills.
- Have high energy to provide the maximum enjoyment to fans as Arthur.
- Preserve the integrity of the mascot including mannerisms, body language, attitude, and team representation at all times.
- Develop and execute skits to be performed at a Pirates game.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Take care of the costume and props when in your possession.
- Understand and perform a series of non-verbal communications signals to be used with the mascot handler in public, e.g, the backup mascot performer will have a signal when he/she needs to be escorted away from the area.
Skills and Qualifications
- 18+ years old
- Able to provide own transportation
- Previous experience as a mascot or as an actor/actress preferred
- Previous dance experience preferred
- Must be available to work odd hours including nights and weekends
- Work in an indoor and outdoor setting
- Must be able to provide own transportation
- Ability to interact with the public
- Must be willing to come into work at short notice in emergency situations
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift and wear the costume
- Employee will be walking around and doing minor exercise for hours at a time
- Ideal height for correct costume fit would be at least 5’4”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.