The Security Director is primarily responsible and accountable for all aspects of day-to-day safety, security, and asset protection throughout all sites and property at the Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The Security Director will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will work closely with events and operations teams to ensure the security of our facilities and individuals on our campus.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Oversee all functions of security for a campus in 24/7 operations and events.
- Conduct campus and event related risk and threat assessments.
- Create, maintain, and update a Security Operations Manual.
- Act as the liaison between Hall of Fame Village and all first responders.
- Reviews, revises, maintains, and implements the company’s fire prevention, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly/yearly required alarms and drills.
- Conduct inspections to identify fire, safety, and security risks; recommend and implement solutions.
- Coordinate with local law enforcement and emergency services as needed to support events and/or conduct investigations.
- Maintain incident report procedure and protocol within 24/7 Software.
- Work with the VP of Operations to develop and align ongoing budgets.
- Control expenses to meet agreed upon budgetary controls.
- Stay apprised of the most recent security concepts and best practices.
- Work with human resources on staffing strategies related to the security team across campus and events.
- Ensure contracted and internal event security staff is trained and possess all tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Direct the response to complaints, security breaches, internal theft/control issues, etc. through thorough incident investigation.
- Implement policies and procedures for a closed loop incident reporting system.
- Work collaboratively regarding the Video Management System (VMS) and intrusion alarm systems ensuring system maintenance by the contractor is set for optimal performance.
- Manage Master Key control system and process all key requests and maintenance of key records.
- Responsible for quarterly audits on all keys issued within the facility to ensure accuracy of key assignment records.
- Serve as point of contact for all security needs including trouble/alarm calls.
- Work in conjunction with IT & HR for badging of all employees and tenants on campus.
- Possess a strong working relationship external clients and organizations.
- Responsible for scheduling contracted hourly associates per the projected attendance and budget guidelines for special events.
- Supervision of assigned staff, assuming day-to-day responsibilities for personnel related matters that include but are not limited to:
- Assist during interview process, onboard, and train new hires.
- Complete annual performance reviews for all supervised staff.
- Provide continuous feedback, supervision, and coaching to all supervised staff.
- Formal discipline supervised staff in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Create and maintain schedule, assignments, and attendance.
- Approve time clocks and make adjustments as needed.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls, texts, inquiries, and emails.
- Enforce uniform protocol.
- All other duties as assigned.
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in cyber security, information technology, criminal justice, or related field required.
- Five years of prior experience working in security, criminal justice, law enforcement, or military required.
- Five years of previous management experience in the above areas of expertise required.
- Possesses or has the ability to obtain Class C Security License (PISGS) through the Ohio Department of Public Safety.
- Must be available to work various shifts and days to carry out the needs of security on the campus including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment; must possess a strong ability for effective time management and task prioritization.
- Must have basic computer skills (primarily Microsoft Outlook), math and record-keeping.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Active driver’s license with less than 4 points required.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be able to hear, see, and speak.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Paid leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Company has three business divisions. Hall of Fame Village Media creates engaging original content across a variety of mediums. Gold Summit Gaming centers around developing immersive eSports, fantasy sports, and sports betting experiences. Hall of Fame Village is a 100-acre multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village is a multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus in Canton, Ohio. The Village features over 100 acres of immersive experiences to dine, shop, and be entertained and includes 8 different venues. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a world-class 23,000 seat, sports and entertainment stadium with luxury suites, rooftop cabanas, and other premium spaces for private, corporate, and special events. ForeverLawn Sports Complex is home to a wide array of tournaments with its seven turfed multipurpose fields with tournament quality lighting and hospitality, ticketing, and coaching/classroom/medical building. Center for Performance is the largest inflatable domed facility in the country and provides year-round capacity for events of all kinds. Constellation Center for Excellence is a 75,000-square-foot mixed-use facility for sports-centric research and programming, office, and retail space. Fan Engagement Zone is an 82,000-square-foot sports and entertainment-themed retail promenade. Play Action Plaza comprises 3.5 acres of green space adjacent to the Fan Engagement Zone that includes amusement rides, an outdoor amphitheater, bar area with patio, space for food trucks, a walking path, and the largest man-made water feature in Ohio. Currently under construction are a 144,000 sq. ft. football-themed waterpark and a seven-story, 130,000 sq. ft Hilton Tapestry Hotel. Phase III is currently in planning stages. For more information, visit www.HOFVillage.com
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.