Custodial Staff are responsible for keeping our buildings and grounds are clean, neat, and safe, meeting the company standards of the Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The objective of this role is to create a clean, sanitary, and orderly environment for our team members and guests. This is a critical component to our daily office operations and is an integral part of maintaining a safe and disinfected workplace. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures, unclogging pipes, tightening screws, etc.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sanitizing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, trash removal and disposal, toilets, sinks, windows, etc.
- Ensure all offices and common spaces are kept clean, neat, sanitary, and presentable at all times.
- Notify supervisor of any damages, deficits, and disturbances.
- Check stocking levels of all cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, soap, etc. and replace when appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
HOURLY / NON-EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Proven experience as Housekeeper or Custodian desired.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong time-management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work both independently and as a flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the duties completed in a dynamic small-office environment; adaptable and enjoys a challenge.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.