The Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for providing day-to-day human resources support to the team at Hall Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with a positive and creative spirit.
- Assist in recruiting efforts across all verticals of company. Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Coordinate and tracking of compliance and required trainings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants and employees, referring complex and /or sensitive matters to appropriate management.
- Drafting and editing of policies and procedures as it relates to human resources functions. - Serve as back-up to payroll processing and reporting.
- Keep personnel files in compliance, both electronically and manually as needed.
- Work with team members on communication of employee benefits and provide guidance of such benefits.
- Take ownership and further develop new hire onboarding process.
- Oversee internship program and provide future enhancements and monitoring of the program.
- Create a tracking system to ensure that regulatory compliance and reporting are timely and effective.
- Assist with monitoring of employee safety and practices.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow organizational processes and procedures to ensure compliance of working for a publicly traded company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree highly desired, experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ human resources experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and our organization
- Must possess a strong ability time management and task prioritization.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds-upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.